𝟐𝟑. silhouettes

°∴,*⋅✲✦ ( ♕ ) ✦✲⋅*,∴°

━━━━ »•» act two. age of shadow

 age of shadow

23. silhouettes «•« ━━━━

* ✧                           

* ✧                            .°

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ third age ━━ year 3019

𓇻 misty mountains; khazad-dûm {moria}

*.                            ✦                             °.

THEY LEFT THE TOMB BEHIND WITH GREAT HASTE AS THE SHRILL CRIES OF THEIR ENEMIES CHASED THEM THROUGH THE DARK. The sounds left eerie warnings echoing through the great stone hallway and made her heart tremble with fear. Elgarain tried to ignore them as best as she could by keeping her eyes focused on the light of Gandalf's staff. But her sharp hearing could not completely ignore the noise, especially when it seemed to surround them from every possible side.

The orcs came jumping out of cracks and holes in the ground, joining the ever-growing crowd on their heels. She caught sight of them climbing down the pillars of the ancient Dwarven city, like giant, misshapen spiders scaling the walls. Her grip on her spear tightened as she quickened her pace but deep down, she knew it didn't matter how fast they ran. They weren't going to make it...Their enemy was everywhere, taunting them with their howls. Their foul smell overwhelmed her senses and fuelled her fear.

Gandalf was forced to a halt when the orcs that had come crawling down the ceiling jumped to the ground in front of them. Without having to exchange a single word, the Fellowship formed a circle around the Hobbits. The orcs had them completely surrounded, their numbers far too great to count. The pale light of their guide only revealed a small part of them but Elgarain could sense their number stretched out far beyond their line of sight.