𝟎𝟖. the weight of a promise

°∴,*⋅✲✦ ( ♕ ) ✦✲⋅*,∴°

━━━━»•» act one. age of ruins

 age of ruins

08. the weight of a promise «•« ━━━━

 the weight of a promise «•« ━━━━

* ✧                          .°

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ third age ━━ year 2949

𓇻 eriador; imladris {rivendell}

*.                            ✦                          °.

A SMALL SIGH OF CONTENT LEFT HER LIPS AS SHE LEANED BACK IN HER CHAIR. Arwen's soft and slender fingers worked carefully to braid Elgarain's long, auburn hair into delicate and difficult patterns. She could never bring up the patience to do it herself and Arwen had been more than happy to offer her help. Especially after the goodbyes said this morning, the princess was glad for the distraction.

She knew Gyda, Galion and Daros would not be gone for long and yet she had found herself feeling strangely saddened by their departure to the Greenwood. Whether it was because of her recent found appreciation for the head of her Guard or because she had come to genuinely like her stern but caring presence, Elgarain could not tell. What she did know with absolute certainty was the fact that she would miss Galion's endless source of humor.

After her fight and much needed talk with Gyda, she'd found herself going over all she knew about the Elleth. She realized it wasn't much at all and felt strangely guilty over the fact she'd never made an effort to truly get to know her Guard. Her presence had always been a constant, one Elgarain had never questioned. She'd annoyed herself to no end about the strict methods of the older Elf but never wondered exactly why her safety was of such importance to Gyda. Yes, she was the princess of Lindon, the last living heir of the line of High Kings and Queens of the Ñoldor but why it had mattered to Gyda on such a personal level had never even so much as crossed her mind.