𝟒𝟒. and still, we stand

°∴,*⋅✲✦ ( ♕ ) ✦✲⋅*,∴°

━━━━»•» act three. age of anguish

 age of anguish

44. and still, we stand «•« ━━━━

* ✧                                     

* ✧                                     .°

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ third age ━━ year 3019

𓇻 rohan; helm's deep

*.                           ✦                            °.

FOR A MOMENT IT FELT AS IF SHE WAS NO LONGER STANDING IN THAT ROOM. She watched as the soldiers shouted instructions to each other as they barricaded the gates. But it all sounded muffled, as though she was underwater, nothing but a bystander forced to watch helplessly as their last defenses came crumbling down. Was this how her father felt in his very last moments?

The deafening boom of a battle ram hitting the wooden gates brought her back to reality, the sound vibrating through her very bones. She grabbed Aragorn's hand, steadying herself as she felt his steady presence beside her. But the flimsy barricade held together. For now...

She could hear the Uruk-Hai shouting at each other in their foul language. It seemed like their bloodlust grew greater as their victory got closer. Beside her, Aragorn softly squeezed her hand before walking up towards the soldiers to help fortify the barricade.

At the sight of him, Théoden spoke up: "The fortress is taken. It is over." The king sounded exhausted; his eyes wary as he looked at his men.

Aragorn, on the other hand, possessed a fire that had not yet been extinguished. "You said this fortress would never fall while your men defend it!" He gestured at the door. "They still defend it! They've died defending it!"