𝟏𝟒. splintered

°∴,*⋅✲✦ ( ♕ ) ✦✲⋅*,∴°

━━━━ »•» act two. age of shadow

 age of shadow

14. splintered «•« ━━━━

* ✧                         

* ✧                          .°

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ third age ━━ year 3018

𓇻 eriador; imladris {rivendell}

*.                         ✦                          °.

THE ROAD TO RIVENDELL HAD CHANGED OVER THE YEARS. It'd been dangerous before, but now the world was filled with a darkness that Elgarain had not witnessed since her father died. As their journey went on they could often hear wolves howling in the distance, as if they were searching for something, called out of their holes by some sort of unseen force, a voice heard only by them. They didn't see many people but those they did see, passed them by without so much as a friendly word, their faces covered and the glittering of a weapon always visible beneath their cloaks.

Even the weather seemed to have taken a dark turn. Grey clouds gathered in the sky and a cold western wind followed them wherever they went. Only when they reached the familiar woods surrounding Imladris, Elgarain felt like she could breathe again. It hadn't gone unnoticed by her that Gyda had been tense pretty much the whole journey, hand never straying far from her sword. She hoped the Head of her Guard could manage to find some peace now that they'd reached the House of Lord Elrond.

She wasn't sure she would be able to do the same. Her mind kept straying to the kingdom she left behind. She knew her people were in the capable hands of her mother and with Galwenn at the front in the Healing Rooms, there wasn't much that could go wrong. Still, she felt like she was doing them all a disservice by leaving again without even being able to tell them why. Lord Elrond had requested not to tell her people of the Ring. It would be unwise to create a panic, much like Gyda had said. In some strange way though, it gave her hope that perhaps they were wrong. Perhaps Elrond didn't want people to know until they were sure it truly was the One Ring.