𝟎𝟗. a test of strength

°∴,*⋅✲✦ ( ♕ ) ✦✲⋅*,∴°

━━━━»•» act one. age of ruins

 age of ruins

09. a test of strength «•« ━━━━

* ✧                         

* ✧                          .°

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ third age ━━ year 2949

𓇻 eriador; imladris {rivendell}

*.                          ✦                          °.

"THIS DUEL IS MERELY A TEST OF STRENGTH," ELLADAN SAID AS HE WALKED AROUND THE CLEARING WITH HIS HANDS FOLDED ON HIS BACK. "Wounding your opponent will not be tolerated. The duel is won by disarming your opponent." He came to a halt in between the two of them, his face stern but mirth was twinkling in his eyes. Then he made a small bow. "Alvar."

Elgarain raised her spear, holding it with two hands like she'd seen her father do so many times before. The weapon didn't feel out of place in her hands at all. The balance was different from all the swords she'd trained with. She knew it would take many hours of practice before she'd be able to master the spear correctly. Even so the weapon already felt more like hers than the sword ever had.

In front of her stood Estel, placing himself confidently with his blade in his hands. He seemed more than capable of cutting her down in a second. But Elgarain would make sure it wouldn't come to that. Pretending like Gyda and Galion were watching on the sidelines, criticizing every move she made, certainly helped. She could almost hear Gyda's voice in her head: "Plant your feet, keep your balance, don't get distracted."

Slowly the two started circling around each other, eyes never leaving their opponent. She noticed the way Estel's feet moved surely over the uneven forest ground. Disarming him was not going to be an easy task, but she hadn't really expected it to be either. She wasn't even sure she could win this, but she wasn't going to give up without trying either. Gyda would scold her for thinking she'd lost a battle before even starting one, after she'd calmed down about the fact Elgarain was starting one at all of course.