𝟑𝟔. wherever you stray

°∴,*⋅✲✦ ( ♕ ) ✦✲⋅*,∴°

━━━━»•» act three. age of anguish

 age of anguish

36. wherever you stray «•« ━━━━

* ✧                                   

* ✧                                   .°

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ third age ━━ year 3019

𓇻 rohan; edoras

*.                           ✦                             °.

THE WIND HOWLED OMINOUSLY ACROSS THE GRASSY PLAINS. Like a voice warning them about a certain danger coming to knock at their door. But, as always, Gyda greeted danger with determination and steadfastness. As soon as the Elleth reached the two children, she knelt down beside the boy, wrapped her arms around him and lifted him up. With her sharp gaze, Elgarain noted he was unconscious. Though whether it was from his fall or some previous injury, she could not yet say.

Gyda shared a few words with the girl, but Elgarain was unable to hear them above the roaring wind. Whatever it was she said though, it seemed to be enough for the child to trust her. The girl followed dutifully on the back of the horse as Gyda hurried back towards the city, the boy clutched safely in her arms.

"Elgarain!" Gyda called out as they approached the gate. "Elgarain, he's hurt!"

Instantly, she felt the familiar calm confidence of her healer instincts take over, her mind already forming a list with what to do. Her gaze found one of the guards standing at the gate, who had been watching the boy in Gyda's arms with a pitiful gaze.

"Hand the boy to him," she told Gyda, gesturing in his direction. "It looks like the girl trusts you. Take her to the Hall. She doesn't need to see her brother in this state and the king will probably want to hear her story."