𝟏𝟓. ancient evils

°∴,*⋅✲✦ ( ♕ ) ✦✲⋅*,∴°

━━━━ »•» act two. age of shadow

 age of shadow

15. ancient evils «•« ━━━━

* ✧                         

* ✧                          .°

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ third age ━━ year 3018

𓇻 eriador; imladris {rivendell}

*.                          ✦                           °.

SEVERAL DAYS HAD PASSED SINCE THEIR ARRIVAL IN RIVENDELL. Every single morning and evening Elgarain could be found in the Healing Rooms to make sure Frodo was making a full recovery. Right until that very morning, when Lord Elrond had told her the Hobbit had awoken. She'd been eager to speak with him but Gandalf had gotten there first and since she figured he would need his rest, she'd let Frodo be. Besides, now that the Hobbit was awake, Lord Elrond had announced the council would take place that afternoon.

Over the last few days many people had been arriving in Rivendell. Besides the delegation from Mirkwood, several Dwarves from Erebor had arrived yesterday. She'd been eager to see them, hoping there was at least one familiar face among them. Many years had passed since the company of Thorin Oakenshield had come to Rivendell, but she could remember the joyous and loyal Dwarves like it'd only been yesterday. She'd also seen a man, who she assumed to be from Gondor, arrive two days earlier. But she hadn't had a chance to speak with any of them, no matter how curious she was, she'd been too busy with the recovery of the Hobbit.

But now, mere hours away from the all-important Council, Elgarain could once again be found in the gardens. At the very same spot where she'd spend her last peaceful afternoon with Estel. She hadn't even meant to go there but as she'd been walking her feet had carried her there without her mind ordering them to. Her heart ached beneath the weight of the memories and so she tried to focus on what was awaiting her instead.