𝟏𝟔. those who came before

°∴,*⋅✲✦ ( ♕ ) ✦✲⋅*,∴°

━━━━ »•» act two. age of shadow

 age of shadow

16. those who came before «•« ━━━━

 those who came before «•« ━━━━

* ✧                          .°

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ third age ━━ year 3018

𓇻 eriador; imladris {rivendell}

*.                          ✦                           °.

AUTUMN BREEZE CAME IN THROUGH THE OPEN WINDOWS OF THE ROOM, SOFTLY RUSTLING THE MAP SPREAD OUT ON THE TABLE BEFORE HER. Elgarain wasn't sure the chills on her arm were caused by the wind or by the sight of the journey ahead of them. Black lines of ink created mountains, rivers, forests and together they formed Middle-Earth, their home, the very place they were fighting to protect. Many of the places Elgarain was familiar with, others she wished to visit one day but their route would not lead her there. They would head east, towards the heart of darkness and poison. The one place she wished to never set foot in was the very place they were heading to.

She couldn't help but wonder if her father had the same fears before marching from Lindon. If the same growing darkness had been gnawing at his heart, the same fear of his people, of losing his kin to the Lord of the Ring. She wished the thought of him could bring her peace instead of pain. After all, he and his allies had defeated Sauron that day. Perhaps this Fellowship could finish what they started. But as her eyes examined the long journey awaiting them and considered the many dangers ahead of them, that wish seemed like nothing more than a silly day dream.

There were many different roads they could take but the question was, which ones were safe? It seemed like everyone had a different opinion on the matter...