•Chapter-23: Offical First Date

"Careful," Sawyer steady her.

Beth giggled.

They came out of the movie theatre and were walling along the street.

"Come," he grabbed her hand and led her to an ice cream shop. "What kind?"

"Vanilla with sprinkles," she said.

Beth was comfortable with him now. And he was glad.

"Alright," he placed the orders, he paid and waited, after getting their ice creams, they walked out. "So, I hope you're enjoying the night." They walked along the street to the park.

"I am," she smiles.

"Good," at the park; there were parents with there kids. So it wasn't empty. He and Beth picked a bench close to the playground. "When do I get to see you in your ballet clothes?"

"My instructor canceled today," she smiled. "How about after school on Monday?"

"Deal, it's a date," she blushed.

Beth used the napkin she had and wiped Sawyer nose; it's the second time she does this. It's a cute gesture. They sat there after finishing their ice creams.

"I'm sorry," she said. "About my mother and the weird conversation," she blushed.

"It's fine, this the first time someone lets me meet their parents," he chuckled. "And it felt great."

She looked up at him. "How come we never met. We lived next door for many years. And I never once saw you. Until now."

"Well, I was alway out, playing with my friends," Sawyer said. "At the park or inside the house," he said. "As I got older, I began to out and party and would come home late. It's why I never saw you or anyone else. I had seen your brother but never spoke to him. I was always out of the house."

"Oh," Beth smiled. "And now your here, with me." Sawyer nodded.

A ball bounced their way, and Sawyer picked it up; a little girl ran over. He knelt and handed it to her the little girl blushed and ran back to her mother. Sawyer sat back on the bench.

"Your good with kids?" Beth said.

"No, I wasn't good to my brother, so no," Sawyer regrets not defending Caleb from their parents and everyone else. He was an idiot who only cared about himself, but now things have changed.

"I know you didn't mean it," she said. "And now you're trying to fix it," Beth went to kiss his cheek, he turned and captured her lips, this trick always works for him. "Oh," she pulled back, blushing.

Sawyer grinned. "Sorry," he was surprised when Beth kissed him back. They kissed for a while, but they moved apart when a few little kids were passing by, giggled. "I should take you home."

Beth nodded.

Sawyer led Beth back to the car.

They left the park, and Sawyer decided to take the long way to spend a little more time with her. Maybe he shouldn't have, there was traffic.

"Traffic, we'll have to wait," he said.

"It's okay," she smiled.

"You know it amazes me how Lynn hasn't blown your phone yet," he chuckled.

"Yeah, it's strange, when I was with Caleb, Lynn would always send me a message or called me," Beth frown. "He may be busy, maybe."

"He better not, I swear," Sawyer scoff.

"We can't do anything," Beth said.

"True," he sighs. "But know I won't ever do that with you. Not unless you want to."