•Chapter-8: Ruined Date

Lynn is going going to kill him. It's almost midnight. Caleb needs to bring Beth home before twelve, of he's going to strangle him on the spot.

"Son, it's alright for her to be out this late, I'm sure they just got distracted," his mother said. "It's her first date, so get away from the window."

"Mom, I'll worry until they answer the phone!" They turned their phones off; it was probably, Caleb's idea.

Lynn paced back and forth. It was close to twelve when the car pulled in front of the house.

A lot of horrendous thoughts ran through his head when Caleb opened the door for Beth, and she climbed out wearing nothing but a sweater.

"Caleb, what is the meaning of this?!" Lynn yelled. His parents had followed behind.

"Oh my god, Beth," their mother ran over and grabbed Beth.

"It's nothing, mother," Beth said.

"But your particularly naked," his mother said. They looked at Caleb.

"It's not my fault," Caleb said. "Lynn's fucking girlfriend can't control her anger, excuse my language," he sighed. "I'm just, angry that things didn't go as I planned," Caleb looked in the backseat and took out Beth's ruined dress. "Here, sorry that our date went wrong."

"No, it's fine, I had fun," she got on her toes and kissed his cheek, and took the dress. "Thank you." Their mother took her inside.

"Explain?" Lynn leaned against his car.

"We accidentally bump into Hannah at a restaurant, we where leaving trying not to get noticed by her," Caleb said. "But Hannah spotted us and wanted to speak to Beth, but I told her no, so we went out, and she follows behind." Lynn will have a word with Hannah. "And so Hannah started to call me names and said if I tell you anything she'll fuck my life, which its already messed up," h sighed. "So Hannah grabbed a drink from a passing woman, but the woman went to grab it, and the drink fell on Beth. That was for me, not Beth." He waited for him to finish. "That's why Beth changed out of it and wore my sweater, so don't get the wrong idea, your perverted freak."

"Me, a perverted freak?" He glared, he'll deal with him later. Right now, there's an urgent matter. "But why did Hannah do that?"

"Because she was angry that you broke up with her," Caleb said. "But I don't know why she's complaining about it since she looked pretty well in the arms of this college boy. I mean, he's one of my brother's friends. Gross. The poor guy got the leftovers."

That made Lynn angry. He and Hannah haven't separated for too long, and she already moved on. Is that how much Hannah loves him? He will have a word with Hannah. No one messes with Beth. No one. "Now, if you'll excuse me." He got into his car.

"Thanks for bringing her home," Lynn moved to the side.

Caleb nodded. "I'm picking her up tomorrow; we're going somewhere."

"Going where?" Lynn asked.

"Somewhere," his doing it on purpose. Making him worry. "Bye, Lynn." He drove off. And not toward his house, which was next door, but he went the opposite directions. Where was he going? Lynn was tempting to follow but decided not too.

Shrugging, he went inside.

"He's a sweet boy," his mother said. "Beth told me what happened, that Hannah."

"Son, get another woman," his father said, reading a book. "That Hannah girl isn't good for you. She's just a toy."

"Henry!" Mother shook her head.