•Chapter-7: Real Date

The first week of school was over; it wasn't all bad. Lynn didn't bother him much.

But tonight, it's his first date with Beth.

The park and ice cream was like a test date.

He's taking her out to the movies than to eat. Maybe a nice walk in the park. It sounds cheesy, but he's trying to make it look real, and special for her.

On Wednesday, people were shocked to see him holding hands with a girl and not just any girl, but Beth, Lynn's sister.

Girls would whisper, and the guys glared.

Lynn didn't follow them around anymore. Well, only a few times, but he didn't bother them. It was awkward but sweet.

"I still can't believe it," Sawyer stood by the door, staring at him. Caleb is getting ready for his first date. He has on some skinny black jeans, a white shirt, and a sweater. It's hot outside, but he's used to it. It doesn't matter if it's burning out, he'll still wear it. "You're going on a date; I was starting to think you were gay. Wait until our parents hear about this."

"You better not tell them," he warned, putting on his black converse.

"Too late, they know," Sawyer said. "Expect a text or call from them," Caleb growled. "You should thank me; maybe they'll finally treat you as their son."

Caleb ignores him and grabbed his phone, keys, and money then walked out.

"Don't be out too late!" Sawyer yelled.

He ignored him.

Looking down at his phone, he walked toward Beth's home. He texted her once he was on the doorsteps.

Before Caleb could even knock, the door swung open. Guess who stood there? Oh yes, none other than Lynn.

"What in the world, it's like 100 degrees outside, and you're wearing a sweater," Lynn shook his head. "You're a crazy kid."

"I believe I didn't come for you, I came for Beth," Caleb said.

"She's coming, want to come in?" He smiles.

"No," he said. He didn't want to step foot in, not with Lynn there.

"Caleb, be lucky my parents aren't home," Caleb looked down at his phone. He had a message from his father.

Dad: we heard you're going on a date. Well, son, we hope you're finally getting that crazy idea of you being gay. We're happy you ask a girl out. See you in three months, behave.

Caleb erased the message.

How dare he?

His parents are jerks; they don't like that he's gay and tried putting him in therapy and on medication. Their last attempt was to send him to a camp, which supposedly could cure him.

It's not a disease, his not sick. They can't understand that and never will. He loves who he is, and he wouldn't change for no one. Except right now, he's going on a date with Beth. But to see if maybe, he can go both ways. Which he doubts, but it's worth a shot.

"I'm here," Calen looked away from his phone. Wow, Beth looks gorgeous.

She has on a white dress, with flowers embroidered into the fabric, and it fell to her knees. She has on white strap sandals, and her hair braided to the side, with a white bow keeping it together.

"You look beautiful," he smiles, offering his hand.

"Thank you, you look handsome," gosh, if only a guy would've had said that to him. He would've had been blushing like crazy.