•Chapter-28: Family

Lynn could end up in jail, or he may not. It doesn't matter, so long as Caleb is safe. Going to prison was worth it.

"Son, we aren't mad at you," his father said. "And know we'll do everything to get you out."

"Okay," Lynn said. "Have you heard from Caleb?"

"He woke up yesterday, he'll be fine," Henry said. "He's been asking for you."

"I'm glad," Lynn smiled.

"He loves you," Wendy said. "Enough that Caleb is talking to the police and anyone who's running this case, so you'll be set free."

"Wow," Lynn chuckled. "School is going to start soon."

"I know, that's why we brought you this," his mother took out books and pencils and other school supplies. "We spoke to your teachers, and here is all your homework for the month." Oh great. Only his mother would think of this. "Now, you won't be bored."

The boredness didn't last long.

He got out the next day; the judge declared it as an act of self-defense. He was glad to be out.

And now he was back at home. But he hasn't seen Caleb yet.

"It's good to be home," he said, dropping his school supplies.

"Oh, Lynn," Beth jump him. He hugged her. "I miss you so much."

"I miss you too," he said.

"Come on," Beth led him to the backyard.

His friends Max, Garry, Angie, and Edna were here and the old ladies from the park as well and other people. But he didn't see Sawyer or Caleb. Where are they?

"Welcome back, dude," Max patted his back.

"Thanks," Lynn said.

It was nice that they threw him a welcome back party, but he wanted to see Caleb; he's the only one missing. But then he arrived with Sawyer.

The moment Caleb saw Lynn. He couldn't control himself and ran over jumping him; they almost fall back.

Lynn hugged him tightly.

He missed Lynn so much. But it's only been a week, still, it felt like forever, but they are finally together.

"Lynn, I miss you so much," he said.

"I know," Lynn kissed his cheeks then kissed his lips. "I'm glad you're alright."

"Yeah," Caleb kissed him back. "I'm glad your out of that place."

"Where were you?" Lynn asked. "I got here like an hour ago."

"Therapy," Lynn frowned. "Even though I don't need it, Sawyer suggested I go; it does help to talk about my feelings and deep thoughts. And I went to court; Hannah's parents didn't want to fight anymore."

Right, Lynn had found out through Beth about Hannah being pregnant. And Hannah's parents weren't sure what to do. So Caleb took them to court.

"They happily agreed to give me full custody of the baby," Caleb smile. "They're going to move Hannah out of the state to another mental hospital, where they'll tend to her better. But after the baby is born."

"That's great," Lynn said. He kissed him once more. "This town will finally learn to love and respect those that are different."

"I know," Caleb kissed him. "Hmm."

"What?" Caleb just smiled.

"Oh nothing," Caleb kissed his cheek and joined Beth.

Lynn frowned.