•Chapter-9: Teasing

"What's wrong?" Beth asked.

"Oh, nothing," Caleb sigh. Today he wasn't in the mood to do anything, but he had told Beth they would hang out after he finishes work. "Just issues."

"Want to talk about it?" She asked.

"Nah," he smiles. "We're almost there."

"Anyways, where are we going?" She asked.

"It's a surprise," he said.

She laughed. "Lynn tried to get me to tell him where we were going, even after I told him I didn't know."

"Your brother is noisy," Caleb chuckled.

"Yes," she smiles. "Oh, ice skating?"

"Yeah, surprise," Caleb parked and went around to open her door. "Come on." Grabbing Beth's hand, he closed the door, locking it. "It'll be fun."

They went in, and it wasn't too crowded. Caleb paid the entrance.

"You know how to skate on ice?" He asked.

"No," she blushed. "Never been here."

"I'll teach you," he said.

He helped her put on her skates. Afterward, he slipped his on. He helped her up.

"I'm going to fall," he chuckled.

"Come on, I got you," he said, leading Beth toward the center of the ring. She held on to him tightly.

"I'll fall," she said.

"No, you won't, come on," he guides her around. "I got you." Caleb placed his hands on her waist and held her so that she won't fall.

She blushed.

Isn't this what a boyfriend supposed to do, help their girlfriends. God, he sucks at this.

He helped Beth for a while until she got the hang of it. Letting her go, Beth skated on her own.

"Wow, this is easy!" She yells over the music.

"I know!" He chuckled.

They skated for a while; then, they stopped to get some food.

"Do you come here often?" She asked.

"Only when I'm bored," he said. "Coming here, it helps me clear my head and not think about my horrible days at school and other problems." And to meet up with older men. Caleb doesn't want to admit it. But he's been doing bad things for a while now, and he's still doing it. He's not happy about it, but he needs the money.

"That's nice," Beth scooted closer. "Thank you for bringing me here."

"Your welcome," he said.

They skated again, and a song came on, for couples. Caleb felt out of place, even with Beth. He wasn't feeling it and didn't think it will work out. But he can't hurt her.

"Caleb!" He cursed and bumped into her. They both fell; he fell on her.

"Sorry," he said.

Beth just giggled, which made him chuckled. He helped her up, and a spotlight stopped on them; this was not good.

"Ladies and gentle me, let's cheer them up!" The announcer said. Crap. "Kiss, kiss!" Now Littles' hearts danced around the floor. The people around them were cheering them on. He sighs, it can't be that terrible, it's only a kiss.

Caleb placed his hands on either side of Beth's head, making her look up at him.

Beth is blushing a lot. Caleb took a deep breath and leaned forward. His brain and heart were telling him, no, not to do it, but he can't hurt Beth.