•Chapter-14: Beth

Caleb's brother wasn't so, terrible. He was kind of funny. She doesn't know why Caleb made him sound so bad.

Beth smiled, Swayer is cute. What is she saying? She can't be thinking that.

Then again, Beth has the right to think.

Dating Caleb is awesome.

Since entering high school, she has had a crush on Caleb.

But she never approached Caleb, since she was shy and didn't know how to start a conversation with him on top of that, Caleb was getting bully by Lynn.

This year, she got the courage to approach Caleb and talk to him.

And now they're a couple even though Lynn doesn't approve of her dating.

Lynn is so overprotective of her.

Lynn promised he'll back off. But he lied. What he did to Caleb wasn't funny. It was awful; she couldn't see the whole video.

When Sawyer told her what Lynn did to Caleb, where it involved ruining his school stuff, Beth got so upset. How could Lynn do something like that? She will need to talk to him.

Lynn was dreading going home. But he had to, but he sat in his car thinking.

He needs to think of an explanation to give Beth. But it won't matter she will hate him. He screwed up even Max felt terrible since Angie threatened to break up with him if they didn't stop. Max took it as a joke. But Angie wasn't bluffing. So Max will apologize to Caleb.

And he, himself will too. Hopefully, Caleb isn't too angry.

Lynn got out of the car and went inside. Beth on the couch and the expression on her face said it all. He tried to play it off. "Hey, Beth."

Lynn got home late. Beth knows he got late because he didn't want to face her. She could see guilt written all over Lynn's face. He sighs. "You saw it, didn't you?" She nodded.

"Well, bump into Sawyer at the store," she said. "He told me about it. He was biting Caleb's new school supplies." She looked at him. "How could you do something like that."

"You met Sawyer?" He asked. "I want you to stay away from Swayer, his bad."

She huff. "Don't change the subject. Lynn, you promised, you wouldn't bother him. And you broke it."

"It was a little joke," he said.

"But it was a horrible joke; you ruined his things," she said. "You owe him an apology." He groaned.

"Alright, I'll apologize tomorrow," he said and walked past her toward the kitchen. Beth sighs and went upstairs. She laid down on the bed and went back to reading her book. Lynn walked in. "You're not going to that party."

"How?" He had her phone. "Lynn."

"You left it on the coffee table, and it rang," she got up and snatched it from him. "How did Caleb's brother get your phone number?"

She looked at her phone; it's a text from Sawyer. It wasn't hard to tell it's from him since he spelled his name in bold uppercase letters. Maybe Caleb gave it to him.

"I don't know," she said and sat down. "And I am going; it's next door, Lynn."

"So it doesn't matter," he said.

"I'm going," she said.

Lynn frowned.

She shrugged it off and read her book. Beth doesn't know how long he just stood there, trying to look mad. But she didn't pay any attention.