•Chapter-13: Shopping & Chemistry

Sawyer paced back and forth. He's not fat, is he? Of course not. His average size. He heard the front door. He rushed out of his room and went downstairs.

"Hey Caleb, tell me the truth-," he was leaning against the door, holding his backpack. Which was soaked? "What happened?"

Caleb sigh and dropped his backpack and set some papers on the coffee table. He walked past him and up the stairs.

Sawyer picked the backpack up. Holding it by its strap, he follows Caleb upstairs. Caleb was on the bed face down. He could hear his muffles. Was he yelling?

"Caleb," he set the backpack on the floor. Caleb sat up.

"Lynn did it, haven't you seen the video yet," Sawyer frowned. Caleb clicked away on his phone and showed him. Lynn had thrown the backpack into a puddle of water. That jerk. Caleb laid back on the bed. "I hate my life; maybe mother should've had aborted me. Like she wanted to when she found out she was pregnant with me."

"Don't say that," Sawyer sat down. "I'll get Lynn for you."

"No," he sat up. "I'll deal with him. He's my problem."

"Alright," Sawyer knew Caleb wasn't one to let anyone fight his battle for him. He was strong. And he was proud of him for that.

"Now for your things," Sawyer sat on the floor and opened his backpack, throwing everything on the floor. Notebooks, pencils, calculator, erasers, folders, paperclips, the hell. "Caleb, did you rob an office or something?"

"No, there thinks I need," he said and grabbed his notebook. Which was ruin? "Good thing, I copy all my notes on my laptop."

"Smart," Sawyer. "Well, the other stuff can get replaced, we could go right now to the store."

"Yeah, I need it for tomorrow," he sighed and stood up.

"Let's go," they dumped his ruin things in the outside garbage and got in his car.

They drove to Walmart. The ride was quiet. Caleb had things to worry, and so did he.

"While we're here, I'll get some supplies for the party," Sawyer said.

"Still with that," Caleb looked at him. "I thought you were through with that plan."

"Yes, it's once in a lifetime, Caleb," Sawyer said. "Enjoy it while you can, I expect you to join me."

"Ah, no," Caleb walked past him.

"Meet me at the checkout," Sawyer said. Caleb waved him away. Now, what does he need? Oh yes. He walked toward the party supplies.

Swayer walked through the utensil aisle and some red cups, plates, napkins, and some other stuff. He put them in the shopping cart.

He then went to the snack aisle and just picked random chips in the cart also some candy and sodas.

What else is he missing?

"Oh right," he went to the electronics section. He scanned through various CDs, and none capture his interests. But who even buys CDs? He can get music through the internet. He left the section. "Better get some cleaning supplies."

Sawyer looked through all the cleaning supplies. Best to be prepared for the aftermath. There will be drinking, as in alcohol and other drinks. He knows how to get his beverages from it's good to have older friends.

He bends down to pick the box of soaps when he bumped heads with someone. "Ouch, sorry." He stood rubbing his head. But the pain immediately left him; when his eyes landed on Beth, this was the first time he has met her.