•Chapter-5: The Date

How did they know about him? Who could've had told Hannah? There could only be one person. Sawyer. He will murder him.

But it was only a rumor. So Caleb has nothing to worry about, he hopes.

"Caleb?" He looked down at Beth. He forgot they were walking to the park. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," has she heard anything?

"Is it because of that rumor that Hannah spread about you?" So she did hear. "About you being gay, cause you can ignore it, my brother got mad at her."

He sighed.

He must tell Beth the truth, but he doesn't want to hurt her.

"So, Caleb, I didn't know you had a brother?" She said.

"I know, everyone seemed surprised," he chuckled. "He doesn't show his face around much. He mostly hangs out with older people. And is always partying."

"Oh, he must be mean, if he spread that rumor," they kept walking down the street toward the park.

She had no idea how bad Sawyer. He will dread the day Beth meets him. He hopes that never happens.

When they got to the park, there weren't many people, only a few parents with there kids. They walked over to a table and sat down. He set his things on the table.

He looked at Beth; she's fragile and short. But she's a sweet girl. He wishes he could be attractive to her. But that won't happen.

"Did it hurt?" Beth asked and poked his piercing.

"A little," he said. "So why hang out with someone like me?" He asked.

"Just, well um, you seem cool," she said. Caleb smiled.

He looked down. "Well thanks, for hanging out with me."

"Your welcome," she smiles. They stayed silent for a few minutes. Then she asks the most unwanted question of all. "Do y-you have a girlfriend?"

What is he supposed to answer? He can't tell her yes. It'll be wrong. "No, I don't," he said.

She smiles, shyly. "Caleb?" Please don't ask that dreadful question.

"Yes?" If she confesses if he hears it from her, he'll die.

Lynn was a lousy bother. He was stalking his sister on her first date. Technically it wasn't a date. But if she ever finds out. She will be upset with him.

But he had to make sure that Caleb doesn't make any unnecessary moves.

So far, all they been doing is talking. Nothing else, and it was boring. But Lynn will stick around until Caleb drops Beth home.

Caleb looked at Beth; she was blushing. And he had this uneasy feeling that someone was watching them. The constant glares, he felt burning holes in the back of his head. There could only be one person, Lynn. "Well, is it bad that I like you?" He was afraid of this.

"Of course not, I just don't think your brother will like it," he said. "I heard his very overprotective of you."

"He won't mind," she smiles.

Beth reached out and grabbed his hands. And he felt more glares, and his phone kept going off.

He sighed and took it out from his pocket. It was a message from an unknown person. He clicked on it and read it. Beth held one of his hands. Her hand was so soft. He wonders what kind of lotion she wore.

Unknown: you better say yes, or I'll murder you and bury you in the woods!!!

How the hell did Lynn get his number?! Caleb looked around; he's somewhere around here. And he spotted him.