•Chapter-11: Brotherly Bonding

Caleb arrived home late again and knows Sawyer will yell at him for it. But he'll endure it.

He went inside, slamming the door shut. "Whoa, hey, what's wrong?" Sawyer asked and approached him.

He ignored Sawyer and made his way to the kitchen to wash his hands. He scrubbed until his hands where red. "Hey, stop it." Sawyer grabbed his hands. "Caleb, what's wrong, did someone hurt you?" He wanted to cry so badly. "Caleb."

He did what he has never done before. He hugged Sawyer.

He is hugging his brother for the first time since forever.

Sawyer wrapped his arms around Caleb as he cried out.

Caleb has cried before. But this was different.

Sawyer held Caleb. It has been so long since he hugged Caleb. If their parents found them like this, they would make a fuss about it.

Even if Caleb has a girlfriend, their parents still won't acknowledge him. Sawyer loves his brother and knows how much Caleb suffers and still is.

Their parents can say all they want, but Sawyer won't obey them anymore. He'll be the brother that Caleb needs.

"Caleb, what's wrong?" Sawyer asked again. Caleb sniffles, gripping his shirt. "Did someone hurt you. Please tell me; you weren't rape?!"

"What no," Caleb chuckled. "I did something terrible, well I think it's bad."

Sawyer frowned.

What could've had Caleb done to cry like this?

"You didn't murder someone; if so, tell me, I'll get the shovel," Caleb shook his head.

"I kissed someone," he said. "And I'm feeling guilty about it. And I'm afraid he'll tell people."

"He? We aren't talking about you and Beth kissing at the ice skating place?" Caleb shook his head again. "Than who?" He cried more.

"Beth's' older brother," he said. "Lynn."

"Holy shit," Sawyer cursed. "That's why you washed your hands. Caleb, you didn't, you know, did you."

"No, I'm still a virgin if that worries you, but I did grope him," Caleb said.

"Caleb, I didn't need to know the groping part," he said. "But why are you crying?"

"Because it's cheating," he said. "Beth doesn't deserve that," he sniffles. "Thought I think Lynn liked kissing me."

Sawyer sighed.

Sawyer backed away he paced around the kitchen.

He stopped. "What is that?" He walked over and lifted his chin. "Is that a hickey!" Caleb gasped.

He rushed to the hallway mirror.

"Oh my god," Lynn left him a hickey! So not cool!

"Well, your screw," Sawyer said. "Beth will ask where you got that from."

"I'll tell her it's a mosquito bite," he believes him. And he cried again.

"Now what?" Sawyer sigh.

"I think I like him," he said. "And I think he likes me too."

"Well, I can't help you there; you need to figure out what's important, what matters most," he said. "You, him, Beth, or your reputation. But I suggest you be who you are, fuck our parents, fuck this town, they only know how to judge, they aren't perfect. But you are, I think your the only normal person around. Aside from others."