Page 53

"Purple was closest..."
You shakily press the screen of your tablet.

You nervously wait as people finish voting.

Red voted for skip
Orange voted for Purple
Yellow voted for Purple
Green voted for skip
-Lime is dead-
Blue voted for skip
Cyan voted for Purple
Purple voted for Pink
Pink voted for Purple
Brown voted for Purple
Black voted for skip
White voted for Purple

"So we eject Purple." Blue shrugs.

"But it wasn't me!" Purple protests

Blue grabs Purple and begins dragging her to the trash chute. You all follow into storage.

Purple elbows Blue, knocking her helmet off, and she ducks under Blue's arm and tries to get away. She grabs the nearest box and launches it at Blue. It sails towards Blue's unprotected head. Green tackles Blue to the floor, saving her.

"Who's side are you on, idiot?" Blue grumbles as she pulls herself off the floor. "Someone help here?"

Green looks rejected, and Orange and Yellow block Purple in the corner.

Brown rushes over and pulls the lever to open the trash chute, Purple is dragged in, fighting the whole way.

Once Purple is in, the inside door closes. Purple is trapped inside.

"Wait, why can't we only do this when we have solid evidence?!" Black protests "This feels wrong. We shouldn't kill people!"

"Because, survival, Black. It only makes sense that it was Purple." Orange states

"And  if we let the killer stay with us, because we let our 'feelings' get in the way, do you really think they will stop?!" Blue almost yelled.

"But if we just locked them in their bedroom..." Black suggested

"Do you really think they won't find a way out? Huh? It's an alien. They can..... shapeshift? Melt the door? Just smash it down? That's the thing: we don't know the capabilities of this imposter." Blue stresses. "So please. Let me do my job."

"Your job, huh? So your job is to throw people out of a space ship?" Purple growled from through the glass.

At that, Blue marches over and yanks the lever, hard. Purple is sent into space.

Blue then storms back to the cafeteria.

Green bends down and picks up Purple's tablet which was dropped from when she threw the box at Blue. It was cracked. He watched the vitals. Suddenly, Green drops the tablet. He gasps and slides down the wall so he's sitting down, leaning against it.

You feel your heart sink.

Green just shakes his head.

Purple was not the imposter

"So there's still an imposter, right?" Orange asks.

Green slowly nods

"So we need to do our tasks as quickly as possible. That way, we can go home sooner." Orange offers

The crewmates agree with the plan. They disperse to various parts of The Skeld. Red walks over to you with Cyan following.

"Stick together?" Red offers.

"But we won't get our tasks done as fast - we need to go different places, right?" you point out.

Cyan shakes their head. "If we're together, we won't get targeted, right? Safety in numbers"

You sigh as you weigh up the pros and cons

Choice:

- go alone (Page 63)
- go with Cyan and Red (Page 64)