Page 86

Going for the nearest task seems the best option.

Heading for O2, you walk through weapons. It's empty.

You pull the lever to release the trash. Well that was quite easy actually. The tablet beeps, notifying you that you need to do the trash in storage too.

Starting to head down, you only get as far as outside navigation when you get interrupted by another emergency meeting. Sighing, you change your destination to the cafeteria.

"IT WAS IN LOWER ENGINE!"
"IN O2!"

Yellow and Black shout at the same time

"WHAT?!" Blue demands, as Black and Yellow whip around to face each other. Everyone switches their gaze between Black and Yellow.

"Cyan is dead" "Orange is dead" They declare simultaneously.

"A double kill..." Green breathes, then sits down at the table with his head in his hands.

"But lower engine and O2 are far away!" You point out.

"So what you're saying is..." Brown trembles beside you

"There- there are two imposters?!" Blue catches on.

"Also I have more bad news." Black admits

"What's worse than two imposters?" Green groans, smacking his forehead on the table in frustration.

"Two imposters... that can get around faster than us" Black says shakily. "The vent- the cover to the vent in the upper engine was dislodged. Whoever killed Orange must have used the vent to sneak up on him or to get away quickly. Or both."

Green groans in frustration. "So how do we know where these vents lead?"

The cafeteria falls silent. No one knows.

"Hey. It's in O2, right?" Pink asks, "because I saw White heading away from O2 just before the meeting was called!"

"What?!" You defend "there was no one near navigation when I walked past"

"I saw Pink in security" Black accuses "before I found Cyan..."

"Yes you two, that's because I saw White running away from O2 on the cameras!" Pink explains

"I was doing trash! From O2 to storage" you explain calmly

"Well I was in security. Black saw me there. Where was everyone else?" Pink says

"In weapons" Brown states

"Weapons was empty when I walked past! Brown is lying!" You say

Blue shakes her head "you're just trying to remove suspicion away from you. Besides, me and Green were in weapons with Brown"

"Well you could have gone there after" you protest. "What about Red? Where was Red?"

"Avoiding suspicion again" Yellow hints

"I was in medbay" Red calmly declares

"I saw Red go in there on the cams" Pink confirms

"So it's White" Blue states

"No! Honestly, you can watch me do trash!" You panic

"Hmm. I don't think so" Blue grumbles

"Let's give White a chance" Black encourages

In panic, you vote skip.

Red voted for skip
-Orange is dead-
Yellow voted for White
Green voted for White
-Lime is dead-
Blue voted for White
-Cyan is dead-
-Purple is dead-
Pink voted for White
Brown voted for White
Black voted for skip
White voted for skip

"So we eject White" Blue shrugs, standing up and walking over to you.

"Can't we talk about this?" You plead

"We just did" Blue states. "Nothing personal, just the votes"

All the crewmates walk down to storage.

"Please just watch me do the trash! You'll see I'm innocent!" You beg

"Come on, give White a chance" Red agrees

"Too late for that" Yellow argues.

"The votes are already in" Green sighs. "We can't change it"

Blue pushes you into the trash chute after pulling off your helmet and passing your tablet to Green, then Brown pulls the lever, sending you floating away into deep space.

Desperately trying to inhale, you feel your head pound as you become dizzy, vision blurring as your consciousness slips away from you.

- You are dead -