Page 72

No, you think. You'll give Orange time. But you still think he should tell Yellow. You come up with a different idea.

"So Yellow. You and Orange are pretty good friends then huh?" You ask

Yellow turns to you, confused. "Yeah? I guess so... I mean we task together. We're crewmates. We stick together." Yellow shrugs.

"You don't really seem to talk to anyone else" you state matter of factly.

You search Yellow's face but find nothing.

Orange returns with three juice boxes. He passes one to you and One to Yellow.

You all drink in silence.

"So, uh, we tasking together tomorrow?" Orange asks to break the silence.

"Yeah of course!" Yellow beams.

You nod. "Thanks"

The next morning, you all meet in the cafeteria. Black makes pancakes and they're really delicious. It reminds you of your childhood, you used to have pancakes often. They were your favourite.

You brush aside thoughts of your past as you plan out today's tasks.

Somehow, you end up in electrical. You don't mind too much, as there are two people with you. But electrical still frightens you.

You start by fixing wires. Orange downloads, and Yellow calibrates the distributor. The three of you are working in silence to concentrate, but electrical was quite noisy and it kept making you jump. Ugh. Why electrical?

Orange seems to be having trouble downloading. You finish the wires and walk over to help him. It turns out he was using the wrong lead to connect his tablet to the download panel.

"Orange" you whisper quietly.

"Yeah?" He replies at the same volume

"I think you should tell Yellow" you advise him.

Orange shakes his head "no, I can't! What if he... or... I don't know."

"You're just overthinking it" you assure.

Orange takes a deep breath. "Okay." He whispers. "But only because I trust you. I'm hating every second of this" he admits

The download is about halfway complete. Yellow has finished calibrating and walks over to see how Orange is getting on.

"Almost finished" Orange states. "Also, can I tell you something?" He adds nervously

"Well.. you don't really need to ask..." Yellow answers. "... but yeah, go ahead"

Download finishes and Orange turns to face Yellow. "Umm... well I guess I..." Orange stutters. "I think that..."

You fight the urge to face palm. This is not going well so far.

"I mean... I wanted to know if..."

An alarm went off suddenly. Not like before- it was... quieter, and there wasn't a red light, and it seemed to be coming from... Orange's tablet?

All three of you look down to Orange's tablet, and there is a warning sign. Yellow gently takes the tablet from Orange to get a closer look.

"Uhh do we need to take you to medbay or...?" Yellow asks

"What is it?" You query

"I-I'm fine!" Orange protests

Yellow passes the tablet to you. "Something is going on with his vitals"

You bite your lip to stop yourself from laughing. Orange's heart rate is rapidly increasing. You smile as you pass the tablet back to Orange.

"It's not funny" Orange whines.

Yellow looks between you and Orange. "What am I missing here?" He asks.

"So umm, that's the thing Orange was trying to tell you." You explain.

"Huh?"

"Orange likes you..." you say. Orange looks down at the ground, embarrassed.

"Oh, okay... why didn't you say before?" Yellow asks.

"I- I was scared. Am scared" Orange corrects himself.

"Of what?" Yellow teases. "Scared of me?"

Yellow removes his helmet, walking forwards to Orange, then removes Orange's helmet

"Yellow... what are you doi-" Orange panics, and Yellow cuts him off with a kiss.

Orange stumbles backwards into the wall, pulling away.

"What's wrong? Yellow asks, concerned.

"Nothing!" Orange pants "It's just... I wasn't expecting..."

"Wasn't expecting what?" Yellow said, tilting his head in confusion "for me to like you back?" Yellow smiled, making Orange blush

Orange was quite lost for words. Yellow laughed, before handing Orange back his helmet commenting "You're cute. Why wouldn't I like you?"

You cough loudly, reminding them of your presence.

"Oh, yeah- sorry White" Yellow said

"Where to next?" Orange gulps, holding on to his helmet tightly.

"Well there are also broken wires just outside Security that I need to fix, that's pretty close?" You offer

"Yeah okay" Yellow decides, putting his helmet back on. You all head there. You fix the wires and Yellow and Orange wait inside security. You quickly finish, and go inside to let the others know. All of a sudden, the doors begin closing! You leap forwards to avoid being squished, only just quick enough.

"Well, good news is I've done those wires. Bad news is we're stuck in here" you state

"Who says it's bad news?" Yellow casually asks, squeezing Orange in a tight hug.

You turn to look at cams. Not many people roaming the corridors. You see Pink heading towards Medbay but that's it. Maybe the rest of the doors are shut as well.

You sigh, turning around to see Orange and Yellow kissing again. You are about to look back at the screen, when you notice something shiny behind Orange's back.

You squint to see better, and notice Yellow's hand tightly gripping... a knife?!

Yellow stabs Orange in the back, literally and figuratively. Orange gasps in pain and shock, before falling to his knees.

"WHAT THE HELL?!" You exclaim as Yellow turns to you with an evil glint in his eyes

You frantically scramble off the seat and attempt to grab your tablet to call an emergency meeting, however the tablet slips from your sweaty hands.

"Now!" Yellow commands, and you're extremely confused until Pink bursts out of the vent next to Yellow, skidding across the floor and grabbing the tablet from by your feet. Pink tosses it over her shoulder, and Yellow catches it with ease.

"W-Why Yellow? Why would you do that?" You stutter from the corner.

"That?" Yellow casually asks, kicking Orange to indicate. "You really believed that, huh?"

Pink laughs. "You're so gullible! Yellow is mine. And you're also mine" She grins, "Mine to kill."

Yellow presses a button on his tablet, and an alarm blares out. "Cut off the O2 supply. That'll keep them busy" Yellow smirks

Pink effortlessly twirls a knife between her fingers as she slowly and calmly advances.
"Say goodbye" she whispers, before stabbing you in the stomach. You double over in pain, crashing to the floor.

The last thing you see is your own bright red blood and intestines spilling across the floor, staining the green tiles in security.

- You are dead -