36: Bad Boy and Princess: Part 2

Chapter 36: Small Talk With Him

"Welcome home, again, girls," seryosong panimula ko.

"Thank you, Eminent Archon," they responded simultaneously.

Dahan-dahan akong umupo sa aking trono bago hinarap ang mga officers na nandidito sa stage. I pushed a button on the chair's arm and just like before, it moved to a half circle position. My chair is placed at the slightly far back as they surround me, enough to not block my view from the 350 girls waiting for my command.

"Tina, what happened to the biddings?", may diin kong panimula.

"I have already sent for them," sabay ngiti bago sumimsim sa straw ng kanyang Starbucks drink.

"And where are they now?", I replied almost sarcastic.

"They'll be here in a minute," tatango-tango pa siya habang binababa sa drink holder ng kanyang upuan ang iniinom. Inangat niya ang iPad na kanina pa nasa kanyang mga hita. "I just received an email from them awhile ago. Traffic lang daw kaya matatagalan sila."

Tumalim ang mga mata ko nung makita ang kabang rumehistro sa mukha niya. Mabilis lang dumaan ang iritasyon doon at agad niyang tinago sa kanyang malamig na mga tingin, bago binalik ang atensyon sa iPad. Sigurado akong may hindi magandang nangyare. Alam na alam ko ang ibig sabihin ng ekspresyong pinamalas niya. Hindi na niya kailangang itago ang lahat ng impormasyong kailangan kong malaman.

One look at her eyes, one glance at her sweet facade transforming into a dangerous woman, doon pa lang malalim na ang sinasabi nito. She may not be vocal about it, she may hide the truth and the despicable words that might come out of her mouth, but her eyes is telling me otherwise.

"Are they? Or Theta Kappa once again succeeded in snitching our biddings?"

All of them gasped. Some of them started mumbling, while the rest stayed silent as they continue to watch this Chapter with too much intensity. As if anticipating for the next revelation we had been keeping from them. But I completely ignored the others and pushed myself to focus on Tina.

"All of you are well aware of what that sorority could do just so they could beat our Sorority's magnanimity," tumayo ako. "From the very beginning, we've been in a Sorority Rivalry with them. Pinagtawanan nila tayo when Tina and I proposed to Epsilon Alpha Pi Omega that we would be starting a new revolution of the Sororities in this era. A sorority within a high school division. Not just in college universities.

Lumikod ako sa aking upuan at sinimulang maglakad patungong kanan.

"Epsilon Alpha Pi Omega, one of the leading Sorority here in our country and soon they had branched out within our province. Specifically, in our hometown. Lots of incoming college freshmen joined them, hoping for a better future. Thinking that that kind of group would be one of the biggest help they'd get in times of career crisis- same thing as what Tina, Cynthia, the rest of the council and I, wanted-and they did not fail.

Tumigil ako sa likod ni Eve Wesley, the Secretary of Beta Psi Delta.

"Us too, hoped for the betterment of our well-being. So along with our current officers, we had planned before to meet with the President of Epsilon Alpha Pi Omega, anxiously-excited about the proposal we'd present to them. Yes, we met the President and the rest of the officers of their Chapter, and so we proceeded with the proposal. However, as soon as it was over, they started laughing at us. Calling us imbeciles! Babies walking around with baby walkers still supporting our asses. In other words, they thought of us as stupid human beings.

"Pero anong nangyare? Their rival sorority had a spy on that meeting. An officer of their group whom they trusted. She was the only person who saw our goal feasible, and now, Epsilon Alpha Pi Omega is ranked at the bottom because of their incompetence. Serves them right!