24: Brad and Princess

Chapter 24: The Slow Improvement Of Their Closeness

"What happened back there?", si Talulah na kakaupo lang sa harap ko.

"What did Brad want from you?", Fawn sipped on her boba.

"Was he spying on us?"

"Isn't he handsome?"

"Did Heath sent him to give you a warning?"

"His pinkish lips are so delectable, yes?"

"Did Brad threatened you in the name of his friend?"

"I'll die in pleasure in the name of his strong, hard, and rough arms."

"That's for sure."

"What?!", napabaling ang dalawa sa akin.

Crap. Did I blurted that out-loud? I think I need to drink alcohol again.

It's Thursday, right after cheer practice, we went straight to Starbucks. Only the three of us can go outside of school. Malamang, may Privilege Card ako. The girls kept on asking me about what happened but I choose to shut my mouth. Nandito si Fawn, she's crazy over Brad. I can't just share her fantasized lover's confession in front of her face, that'd be too cruel.

I can't just tell Talulah everything, she'd get involved. Besides, even if I want the two of them to shut up and stop letting me reminisce what happened that day, I won't be in peace. Because, damn, Even if they don't remind me of it, often times my mind would go back wandering to Brad's confession day making me stop working on my modules.

"If you're wondering why Mr. Hennigan isn't calling for you, Heath talked to his mom about you. You won't be expelled."

That's the last words that came out of Brad's mouth that day the moment I decided to strongly take back my wrist from his hold and ran away as fast as I can. Boy, I never imagined I'd run from a confession so bad. And it's been days! I still can't forget about it!

Duh! Of course I can't because Brad's always reminding me of it by picking me up and walking me to class and back to our dorm room! And I effin' can't escape him.

Friday morning he showed up in front of our room along with a bunch of fan girls, squealing! Naabutan ko pa nga siyang pinipirmahan ang notebook ng isang babae bago nalipat ang atensyon sa akin. The girls squealed so bad that I thought my eardrums broke.

"Good morning!", he smiled making the girls louden their volumes.

Umarko ang kilay ko. I licked my lower lip before brushing my hair using my fingers, trying to hide the anxiety I'm feeling.

"Anong ginagawa mo dito?"

Naramdaman ko pang siniko ako ni Fawn gesturing me to be polite because it's her crush ngunit binalewala ko siya.

"Sinusundo ka."

The squealing somehow volumed down and I heard them whispering, probably wondering why Brad's doing this when I completely "cheated" on him based on what they read on that stupid School Gossip.

"At bakit?"

"I told you yeste-", hinila ko na siya palayo sa kanilang lahat at dali-daling pumasok sa elevator.

"Labas!", utos ko sa apat na babaeng nakatayo di kalayuan sa amin.

Aalma pa sana sila pero sinamaan ko na agad ng tingin. Dali-daling lumabas ang mga ito. Before the girls could stampede inside and ride with us, the door already closed.

I can't let them know about what happened yesterday! Specially there are gossipers around. Obviously, Eagle Press-Con would be having a major publishing regarding this. I was about to scold him when I felt him intertwining our hands.