25: Bashers and Princess

Chapter 25: Cornered By Them

Friday ngayon. Mabilis ang mga lakad ko patungong Soccer field. The Operation: Be Heath's P.E. Buddy is now canceled. I won't be expelled anymore because according to Brad, Heath talked to his mom. I am clueless of what he did to convince her but, I praise him for that.

Back when I was still chasing Heath, ilang beses na akong sumubok na magsend ng email kay Mrs. Evans to discuss with her, concerning my role as Heath's Preventer from escaping school, ngunit laging Secretary nito ang nakakausap ko, telling me that I need to wait for me to be given a schedule with her.

And I know that's impossible. Mrs. Evans is a very busy woman and certainly and obviously has a tight schedule. For sure her calendar is fully booked and I'd probably wait for a decade for me to be given a chance. Or wait for their Multibillionaire company to go bankrupt.

It never crossed out in my mind of wishing they'd just go bankrupt in a snap so that I won't be having that stupid situation, but I can't help it. I'm just that cruel when given a task I really hate doing. Anyway, I already apologized to God for being a cruel person. I want to apologize to Mrs. Evans but her schedule is full so..

Obviously, naubos ang araw ko katatakbo para lang maiwasan si Brad. I tried just staying inside the dorm right after I rejected my friends' offer to go with them to class because I thought no one would disturb me, until I saw him standing in front of our door this morning.

"What are you doing here?"

His fiery jet black eyes glazed with amusement.

"Picking you up?"

I'm surprised that there are no girls lurking behind him. Makes the situation better and more favourable from my side.

"And why?", umarko ang kilay ko.

Kumunot ang noo niya. "Because I'm courting you?"

"Did you ask for permission?"

Natigilan siya, tila napagtanto ang isang bagay na dapat matagal na niyang ginawa. His eyes shifted from being stunned to confident.

"Can I court you?"

"No," sabay sarado ng pinto.

Bago pa man ako makaalis sa may pintuan ay naramdaman ko ang pag-vibrate ng aking phone. I fished it out of the pocket of my hoodie and unlocked it.

Brad:

Why not?

Balak ko sanang hindi magreply dahil naiirita na ako pero nakatanggap ulit ako ng text mula sa kanya.

Brad:

Come on Lyn, I thought we had a mutual understanding yesterday?

Brad:

Don't tell me pinaunlakan mo lang ang date na alok ko dahil nagbabakasakali kang titigil ako?

Me:

Oo.

Brad:

Wow.

Brad:

You're the first girl that's ever done this to me.

Me:

Really? I'm such a cool person

Brad:

Why can't you trust my words? That I am really serious about you?

Me:

Uh.. because you're a playboy?

Napalundag ako nang kumalabog ang pintuan.