36: Bad Boy and Princess: Part 1

Chapter 36: Small Talk With Him

"Where are you going?"

I didn't really feel like answering Mommy's question, but because Heath and his friends are here- again- I had to. For the sake of saving face- not mine but Mom's- I had no choice but to answer her.

"Out."

"Out where?"

Narinig kong nilapag niya ang mug na hawak sa mababasaging lamesa para mapunta ang atensyon niya sa akin. I can feel the boys' presence intimidating me so easily for unknown reasons. Pinagpatuloy ko ang paglalagay ng earrings sa tainga ko bago sila hinarap.

Typically, I would always find them hanging out with my Mom inside the kitchen. Malamang, gustong-gusto nilang matikman ulit ang mga luto ni Mommy. And the past few days, they have been constantly invited by Mother here in our home every afternoon. And I am not liking any of this!

Nang mamataan si Brad na nakatitig sa akin, I rolled my eyes.

"I'm going to a party," tipid kong sagot.

"Party? But Fawn and Talulah's out of the country..."

I turned around and looked at my Mom through the mirror as I fix my hair.

"They are not the only friends I have, Mom."

Kinuha ko ang itim na clutch bag ko bago naglakad patungo kay Mommy para halikan siya sa noo.

"Bye."

Hindi ko na tinapunan pa ng tingin ang mga bisita niya. Rude but, I just don't feel like facing the intensity their bodies are radiating off the four corners of this house. The more I look at them, the more I become intimidated. And the more I am intimidated by their dark and mysterious eyes, the more I become knee-wobbly and skittish when I'm supposed to be influenced by my own confidence and not their stance. Especially Heath.

"At sino nagsabi sayong papayag ako?"

Natigilan ako sa sinabi ni Mommy. Hindi pa man nakakaalis sa kusina ay ganoon na katindi ang kalabog ng dibdib ko. It's not because of the boys, it's the fact that Mommy is going to stop me from what I want to do!

I sighed before turning around, crossing my arms as I shot my brows up. Clearly, they can all see how I am pissed right now. And this monthly cycle is giving me a bad choice.

"Me. I get to go where I want because I says so," mataray kong sagot.

"Don't forget who owns this house, darling," diin ni Mommy sa huling salita as she crossed her arms and shooting a brow up.

"This is my life, I can do whatever I want. And I am 16," giit ko.

"Yes, you are 16, meaning, a minor. Kaya wala ka pang karapatang gawin ang lahat hangga't hindi ka pa 18."

"I have every right because it's my life," mariin kong balik. Damn! This hot liquid flowing out of my vagina is giving me a very hard time in talking!

"I gave you that life and unless you're 18, you're gonna go back to your room and stay until I say so."

"No I'm not. You can't make me," umiling ako.

"Watch me," banta ni Mommy dahilan para kabahan ako.

The first time she said those words to me, she took away my car. The second time, she stopped giving me my desired allowance. And this time, I am sure of what she wants to take away from me again. One thing she knows about me, there are a lot of things that's important to me and she takes it away from me so that she could discipline me in the way she wants.