23: Brad and Pep-talk

Chapter 23: The Bad Boy's Best Friend

It's Thursday morning and the three of us are having a quick practice on the Soccer field. Luckily, there are no haters watching nor stalking us giving us a real peace of mind.

"Have you guys heard the news?", napalingon kami kay Fawn.

We shouldn't really be talking but Fawn insisted, claiming that she talked to the fandoms convincing them of being a spy so that they may thrash my career even more. Now she's become two-faced.

"About what?", si Talulah na busy sa split niya as her warm up.

"We're not going to do the play anymore."

That caught Talulah's full attention, which I clearly understand 'cause she loves acting.

"Why?", tanong namin.

It's a good thing the cheering squad is not here. Mamayang 4pm pa ang practice namin. We could do a morning practice but I choose not to disturb them. They're quite busy and serious on accomplishing the modules, alright. As if their lives depended on it.

"Sabi ng President of the Arts Club ay walang magm-monitor sa atin," kibit balikat ni Fawn.

"Anong ginagawa nila? Aren't they in charge of guiding and prepping us?", si Talulah.

"Beats me."

"What about the teachers? Did they agreed to it?", ako, while relaxing my body by doing yoga. It helps calm the nerves and my muscles.

"Well, the President of that club wouldn't announce that kind of big news if it wasn't consulted then."

"But why?", ulit ni Talulah.

Pumikit ako as I slowly exhale. "We don't know. No one knows nothing about the change of plans. Same as Eagle Press-Con."

"Bakit? Anong meron sa kanila?", si Fawn.

"Wala ba kayong napapansin?", ako.

"Na ano?", si Talulah na ngayon ay nag-focus sa bending.

"It's too quiet."

And then we all went silent, as if it slowly hit them the serene breeze of the school's giving. It's unusually quiet. Dati-rati ay laging may nakasunod sa amin kahit saan man ako magpunta. Even the Eagle Press-Con's spy are now stalking my friends.

"Nah," basag ni Fawn sa katahimikan. "Malamang busy ang mga 'yon sa module."

Napatango-tango si Talulah right after straightening herself from bending.

"I mean that broadcasting is everything. It entertains our high school lives, but nothing's more interesting than a failing grade and a clear vision of your hell-of-a future," katwiran niya.

"Well you have a point, but there's another thing that's bothering me," ako.

"What is it?", si Tal. She sat down and started drinking from her bottle.

"Mr. Hennigan is not calling for me."

"Is that a bad thing?", dumapa si Fawn sa damuhan.

"Well-"

Isang tikhim ang nagpatigil sa amin. Bothe of the girls' eyes darted behind me. They were staring, looking so shocking especially Fawn. Her eyes were twinkling so much that I thought she'd hyperventilate because her breathing went uneven.

I turned around and saw a black male boots standing tall behind me. I had to tilt my head because the guy's towering over me. I couldn't clearly see who owns the boots but when he called me by that ridiculous nickname, I already knew who it was.