40: Christmas Carnival Part 1

Chapter 40: Invited By The Bad Boy?

I have never been this scared in my entire life. The memory of Heath's voice telling me that someone wants my life just to torture him is giving me nightmares. I couldn't even go outside anymore. Though I accept the fact that I need him and his friends to stay by my side all the time, it would seem selfish of me to demand them like that.

In all of the corners of my life, never did I imagine myself being involved with something like this. I didn't want to believe everything. I didn't want to believe Heath. Nor Brad. Neither Dante and Titus. I didn't want to believe that they existed!

But how could I still convince myself to not accept the truth when I was almost in danger.. like a few minutes ago?

It was lunch when I woke up on my bed. In my room. In our house, all alone. No Clarice Montero disturbing my sleep. No Caitlyn Montero screaming— asking— for her Mommy of what's for breakfast, at the end of the staircase. At that time, I was half asleep. I wasn't even thinking of going downstairs.

But I was so damn hungry because of the lack of sleep. I had an insomnia attack last night due to what Heath told me. I wasn't able to comprehend well of the bad news he dropped on me, the reason why I've been cautious about everything.

From the scratches that I could hear just outside my window last night, the creaking of the main door cause by my Mother coming home late. I've become paranoid! Thinking that any minute, Max— or whomever he is— could waltz in our house and decides to shoot my Mom and kidnap me to torture Heath.. I couldn't sleep.

And so, just a few minutes ago right after I woke up, someone threw a fake grenade inside the house, crashing our window. I was shocked, and wasn't able to move. I thought, if I were to die at that moment, what would happen next? Will I go to heaven? Or hell?

However, Heath and his friends showed up. And now, they are in our home again but this time, Mommy is away. I don't even know why my Mother didn't bothered to inform me of her whereabouts. I checked my phone earlier but no email nor messages from her. Just plain, cook your own food reminder sent by her.

Looking so awkward, Brad cleared his throat when I locked my gaze on him. he avoided my eyes and looked everywhere but me. His ears turned pinkish as I watch him wipe the bar counter of our kitchen nervously. What's his problem?

Even when I glanced at Dante, he, too, averted his eyes and acted as if he's busy cleaning the plates washed by Titus. But when he stared back and as his eyes lowered down, I finally understood everything.

"What? Not used to being around with a girl in her Pjs?", I asked out of boredom.

I have been thinking about what happened and it's getting problematic, and it's stressing me out. Not good for my beauty. I should just distract myself... or find something that could distract me. Away from those negative thoughts eating away my sanity.

"H-ha? Hindi kaya! Sanay na sanay na kami ni Dante, diba?", his voice volumed down when he leaned on Dante.

"O-Oo! Tama si Brad. Ba't naman kami mad-distract sa malaki mong puwet at—", nakatanggap siya ng batok. "A-Ang ibig kong sabihin, ang cute ni Hello Kitty, hehe.."

Inirapan ko siya and just finished my drink. Clearly, he's been staring at my Hello Kitty Pjs. The Hello Kitty shorts I'm wearing is very short, and my oversized Hello Kitty t-shirt is covering it. I wonder how he managed to take a glimpse of it.

"Kapag nasa bahay namin kayo, ang bait-bait ninyo. Ayos ah?", I sarcastically said.

"Hindi naman sa ganon, Caitlyn—" si Brad.