30: Home is coming

Chapter 30: Homecoming

Sa loob ng tatlong araw bago dumating ang gabing ito, it was really eventful. Saturday morning, the Cheering and the Pep Squad had a collaboration to perform a wonderful dance to the students. Tuwang-tuwa sila habang pinapanood kami.

Of course, this is a Homecoming Party. Invited ang alumni's, even the oldies. The batch 90s were invited pero hindi ko alam kung pumunta ba sila. Basta ang alam ko, most of the guests are currently college students who happen to spent their middle school years here in Liberty University.

Balita ko rin ay babalik na ang mga teachers after ng sem-break namin. Obviously, lahat kami ay ayaw pa silang bumalik. Hinahanap-hanap namin ang presence ng aming mga teachers kapag naiirita na kami dahil walang maintindihan sa module, pero mas maganda pa rin na wala sila.

We have the freewill to do our modules or not. But because I am a grade conscious person, I try to finish every school paperworks as possible as I can. Besides, Sharpay and I are battling for the throne. Talulah told me something earlier this morning right before she and Fawn left me.

"I heard Sharpay is getting serious on having high grades, higher than yours," hinahanda ni Talulah ang mga gamit niya para sa pag-alis nilang dalawa.

"Highest of the highest grades, if she'd do better," segunda ni Fawn na ngayon ay busy at seryosong naglalagay ng lipgloss sa labi habang nakaharap sa salamin.

"May date ka?"

She looked at me through the mirror.

"Yup! As much as I want to stay here and read about Brad's life, I'd be sulking in the end because you two had been rumoured again," natawa ako nang sarkastiko niya akong nginitian bago nilapag sa bedside table niya ang lipgloss at hinarap ako.

"Fawn, seriously? You're believing that stupid and pathetic-"

Natigilan ako when I noticed her nostrils flaring.

"Brad is not stupid and pathetic!", pumameywang siya at inarko ang mga kilay. She has that kind of mannerism whenever she's annoyed or irritated by someone. And the way she rolled her eyes at me tells me she's annoyed.

Talulah got her bag and rolled her eyes. Her shoulders slumped as if she's tired of this scene each and every day of her life. Can't blame her though. Laging ganito ang umaga namin kapag binabanggit ni Fawn ang tungkol sa amin ni Brad.

"I am not saying that he's pathetic, I'm talking about the rumour!"

"When you mock a rumour like that, it's as if you're saying that my baby is!"

Eyelids shutting hard, my hands flew up in the air as I let her hear me groan really loud sounding like a frustrated tiger just to prove a point that this conversation is too petty to be dealt with.

"Are we at this again? Because if it is, it's annoying me as hell and the way you reason that out to me you clearly sound like my haters always twisting my words!"

"Eh kasi ganoon ang tunog eh!", reklamo niya.

Pareho kaming napatingin kay Talulah, humihingi ng tulong. Hinihingi ang kanyang opinyon kung sino ang nagtutunog kawawa sa aming dalawa.

"Tal!", tawag namin sa kanya pero natigilan kami nang makitang wala na siya sa kanyang pwesto. Nalipat ang paningin ko sa papasara ng pintuan.

"See? She left us!", I exclaimed throwing my hands up as if gesturing to her that it's her fault, which it is!

"Well, it's not my fault!"

And with that, Fawn left me, grabbing her purse and gave her final glare before closing the door with a loud bang. Argh!