~43~

Song: Hallelujah by The Pentatonix

Harry's POV

The night was silent. The boys strapped various guns and knives to their vests and legs. Each compartment on our body was filled with more than one weapon. It was a little heavy but we couldn't care less. Steps cascaded down the hill and near the opening. We raised our guns instinctively, ready to shoot. A shadow drifted closer and we waited suspiciously.

A large hand gripped the door and opened it. We all cocked our guns and snuck closer to the door. Zayn was behind the door waiting for our attacker. He put his fingers up. One, two three. He slammed the butt of his gun into the man's face making him stumble back.

"What the fuck!" Liam screamed, wiping the blood off his nose. "It's just me, you idiots" He looked at Zayn incredously and stepped through the door. Louis snickered, trying to stifle his laughs and I shook my head. Zayn leant a hand to Liam, lifting his from the ground.

"Better than a bullet in your head, you idiot" Zayn retorted, making Louis chuckle a little. I just rolled my eyes, too preoccupied with the never ending worry I had for my wife and daughter who were sitting ducks above ground while these idiots were slamming each other with guns.

"Are we ready?" I grunted as Liam joined the group. The smiles dropped from their faces and they nodded back in seriousness.

"Are the bombs in position?" I questioned Liam. He nodded and I felt relief seep through me.

The air stood still as we snuck out of the bunker. Theo and the rest remained downstairs per my order. It was safer down there and I couldn't risk any one of them becoming a burden on the battlefield.

I signalled two fingers to my right, silently telling Liam and Zayn to go right while Louis and I went left. In a V formation, we crept up the hill with our guns raised. Beams of red flashed from our guns, lighting up our pathway.

Nothing.

There was nothing.

Bodies of fallen soldiers stood in our wake but they were long dead. Dean was nowhere to be found and neither were my two princesses.

"Harry look out!" My head snapped to the side as a bullet whizzed past my face. Louis fired three bullets into the man's head and he collapsed as blood oozed out of his forehead. I checked the man for weapons and loaded them into my bulletproof vest.

"There are still some over the hedge, let's go" I commanded and the boys followed. The loud screech of tires sounded. I turned my head to see members of Dean's crew piling into cars, desperate to get away.

I turned to Liam and he nodded.

"Three, two, one" he chuckled. "Boom, motherfuckers" The cars exploded in fire and fumes. Pieces of debris flew onto the driveway and blood splattered everywhere. The smell was putrid but I celebrated the small victory. I smiled and Zayn pet him on the back harshly. "Well done Lad" He laughed. I quirked a smile, but I was too busy worrying about my wife and daughter. Where were they?

We ventured closer to the hedge, scanning the surroundings. Glass and dead bodies littered the blood-stained grass. White table clothes were almost burnt to a crisp and tables were knocked over recklessly and decorated with large bullet holes, probably have being used for protection. The sad little birthday cake, which was once magnificent and perfect for little Isabela, was now distastefully splattered all over the ground.

The streamers stayed intact but that was all. It was quite sad how a one year old's birthday party was quickly turned into a mafia massacre all because of us. Because of my family. I shook my head in disappointment. These children should not have to live like this. Isabela should not have to grow up like this and be raised in this pitiful, disgusting world. After all this is over, I will make sure Mila and the children have a place in our palace. That will be penance to them. I will ensure they have the best food, the best clothing and the best lives. They will be raised like princesses and princes and live a lavish royal life. Atleast they will be there to accompany Blair and Theo as they grow up and little Isabela will never know of this danger again. I will make things right for them. Maybe, Mila can even start up a new vegetable patch in the palace garden and go there on days she feels a little down. I'm sure my Aria would love to have her best friend in the palace.

Aria. The thought of her name made my heart go cold. Where was she? Did they take her? Was she okay? I'm sure she was. My little fighter could get out of anything. She was a queen and no one hurts the queen. She goes out on her own terms and she fights on her own terms. She is the most admirable woman I have ever seen. She is strong and full of light but she has something no one ever will. She has the ability to tame her darkness and accept it as a part of her. The rest of us spend our whole lives running from the darkness. Running from the murderous sides of our selves, the sides thirsting for blood and mayhem. We run from the memories of torture and weakness. She embraces it like a true queen.

A loud sob ripped me out of my thoughts. I turned around quickly and raised my gun in panic.

"Daddy!" A voice screamed. The recognition rippled through me and my eyes widened.

"Blair!" I yelled. "Blair! Where are you!" I followed the sound of her sobs eagerly. Please, please, let my baby be okay. Tears threatened to spill from my eyes in panic. I needed to see her. I needed to make sure she was safe.

"Daddy!" Her voice was getting louder. "Mama! Mama please!" Her sobs made an icy chill go down my spine. What was wrong with Aria!

Louis and the boys searched the area desperately. The ground was dark and my legs kept getting caught on the dead bodies. I kicked one guy in the face in my desperate search.

"Where are you Blair!" Zayn screamed. Suddenly, a sick feeling travelled through my stomach. My eyes lay on Louis' shadow. He was looking at something. His back was turned to me and he stood eerily still. "Louis, what is it!" I touched his shoulder but he didn't flinch. It was only when I saw the tears fall down his face that I followed his line of sight.

Two shadows.

One hunched over holding the other and another lying lifeless on the ground.

No, it couldn't be.

Breathlessly, I called my daughter's name and sure enough she turned around. Through the darkness, I could see how distraught she was. Her cheeks and nose were a bright red, her eyes were so bloodshot she looked like a demon. Fresh tears ran down her face profusely and snot poured down her chin. I stumbled closer slowly, feeling the colour leach from my face. It couldn't be. My wife. She couldn't be gone.

As I stepped closer, I fell to my knees as I saw my daughter's hands. They were stained with a bright crimson liquid. She held Aria's head in her lap and brushed her fingers through her matted hair. And when I crawled closer, I saw a sight which shook me to my core. One I would never forget.

That of my Aria's lifeless body.