~3~

Song- Get Up 10 by Cardi B

Aria's POV

My eyes blinked furiously, in an attempt to gauge where I was and the moments which led to my location. A white light flashed brightly in my face and I squinted my eyes to salvage the pain. I lifted myself up with a small effort, when I heard a small beep noise. My vitals were displayed on the screen next to me and I rolled my eyes. Of course, the hospital. Then a terrifying thought hit me.

Blair

I vigorously jumped out of bed, ripping the injections and wires out of my skin. I stumbled across the floor until I reached the corridor. Harry, Jordyn and the boys sat outside with their heads in their hands.

My eyes drooped as I tried to catch their attention. My breaths came out short and I felt myself slipping again.

"Ha-Harry" I whispered, then my body collapsed.

-----

"Stay here" Harry yelled. I pouted and crossed my arms like a child. I wasn't giving up on this fight.

"Where is she" I yelled back. It was like fighting fire with fire. Harry inhaled sharply. I knew I was frustrating him and frankly only making him feel worse but I didn't care. I just wanted to know where my daughter was.

"She's in surgery", he reluctantly said. His voice was soft and sympathetic as if he was sorry for me. But she was his daughter to and because of that I knew we both shared the same pain in this moment.

Fluid flooded the dam behind my eyes and I shook my head in denial. I just didn't think the wound was so bad that she needed surgery. I thought the bullet just grazed her skin but I was wrong. My poor child had to endure the pain of a bullet piercing her soft skin so young. The thought of this fact caused Harry to embrace me as a river streamed down my face. He kept muttering "She'll be okay" and I knew that she would be. Well, I could only hope.

A few minutes later, Louis and the boys walked in with solemn expressions on their faces. I could see how much this affected them, how it affected us all. Our little princess was hurt and our hearts pumped for revenge.

Liam neared us, joining our hug as did the rest of the boys but Lou held back. A small piece of paper stuck to the surface of his palm as he clenched his fist. It was the tiniest of white that allowed me to see it and I narrowed my eyes at the small article. Harry followed my line of sight and saw the paper, his eyes fixated on it in tension.

"What's in your hand, Lou?" He asked, his voice dominant and assertive. Louis's lips pressed into a thin line as he sighed and handed the paper over. The rest of our group curiously followed the mysterious note with their eyes as I opened the scrunched up roll of paper.

My eyes skimmed over the text and suddenly, it was like the long gone beast had awoken inside of me. I growled like a lion and scrunched up the ball in my fist. My long nails pierced the sheet of paper and dug into my palms. Blood from my hands trickled through the tight cracks in my fingers and created a pool of blood on the floor. My eyes went dark and I could see a tiny, tiny glint of fear in my group's eyes.

If my friends who stuck with me for years were afraid, then the people who did this to my daughter will be shitting their pants. At least now I knew who they were, and I was ready to gut them for what they did.

Anger and hate took over my senses as I heaved the covers off of me and stumbled to the door.

"Where are you going" Harry yelled, trying to catch me. I shook my head and poked my head out of the door.

"Marco" I yelled. In an instant, my front man was prepared to aid me.

"Alkali Romero" I gritted my teeth as I spoke. His eyes widened and he hurriedly turned away to find my request. Harry's hands gripped my arm and he softly tugged me to the bed. I could tell he was furious but confused with my behaviour, so I willingly went along, awaiting my package.

My eyes glared into his furious ones.

"What did the paper say?" Harry questioned calmly but assertively. I threw the ball of paper at the others and crossed my arms to contain myself. I tried to escape his hold but Harry's arm curled firmly around my waist, letting me know he wasn't letting me go.

We were engulfed in a harsh staring match when my first man returned with my requirement. He handed me the case and I opened it briskly. It contained black tights and a small black shirt, with black running shoes and a belly button ring, making me remember the many years ago when I used to wear the jewellery. Those times seemed so far away now as I had now raised a family and led a blossoming kingdom. But the nostalgia wasn't strong enough to temporarily knock the blinding rage out of my head.

I threw the thin rag of a hospital gown onto the floor and dressed myself. I was too livid to care if my entire family was in the same room. I felt a little bit of blood rush to my head from my condition but I shook it off and inhaled a breath before continuing to load myself with weapons and ultimately emptying the briefcase. I loaded the guns before taking a massive stride to the door.

It was only then that I had acknowledged Harry's words of objection. He took long strides with power to get in front of me and blocked my path just as I got to the door. He crossed his arms over his chest, letting me know that he didn't plan on moving. I looked past him, not daring to even glance at him.

"Move", I grumbled lowly. There was a certain danger in my voice that would make anyone rattle but not Harry. He knew me too well and could break my strong, thick demeanour with a snap of his fingers.

Niall appeared next to him. He clasped his hand on Harry's shoulder.

"Let her go mate" his Irish accent leaving his lips. Harry just shook it off. "What did the note say?"

I shook my head and stared angrily into his eyes, waiting for him to break but he didn't and neither did I.

"You have nowhere to go" He tried to reason with me but the utter lividness I felt blocked out my senses.

"They hurt her" I retaliated. My chest heaved with every angry breath I took, I felt the redness of my face and my blood boil. I didn't have a source of outtake, a victim for me to torture and quench my thirst for revenge. In that moment, there was too much anger and feeling to course through my veins that I couldn't take it anymore.

My body sunk to the floor and I screamed angrily, pounding my fists into the floor. Bright red liquid smeared itself on the white tiles of the hospital room. I kept banging my closed fists against the floor, aware of the blood trailing down my knuckles and the skin peeling with every hit I placed. But I was too numb to feel it.

"Who did it Aria, who hurt our daughter?" Harry knelt down beside me, taking my fists into his hands and deeply immersing his green orbs into my brown ones. My face was blank as I looked at him and sniffled.

"The Callous Cartel"