~24~

Song: It's A Man's Man's Man's World by Jurnee Smollett-Bell and Black Canary

Aria's POV

Fear.

That's all I felt in that moment.

Nothing but a cold, paralysing fear.

I felt a piece of my heart break in my chest. My hands ghosted my throat as I choked on my fear. My child was gone. And nothing compared to the feeling of losing her. I finally felt how my mother felt in her dying moments. Knowing she was losing her child to a monster. Knowing I would be forever without her.

As I stared at Blair's empty bed, my knees buckled from under me. The world stopped. My hearing was gone. My vision was blurry with tears. Harry attempted to lift me from the ground, but my mind was already gone. My brain drifted to the first time I held her in my arms. Her tiny little fingers in my grasp. "I will keep you safe" The words burned in my memory. I blinked away my tears. Lie. A cold lie.

"Baby" I heard his voice. I felt his soft touch. A touch I was naturally inclined to respond too. But I couldn't find it in me to move. I couldn't find it in me to tear away from her bed. To let her favourite shirt, slip from my hands. To stop inhaling her gorgeous childish vanilla scent. My baby. She was gone. "We will find her" Harry knelt in front of me. My eyes carelessly drifted to his face. I felt weak. My power had been ripped from my grasp. She was gone.

"She's gone Harry" My resolve broke as he pulled me into his arms. I sobbed into his neck. "We're going to get her back" He whispered into my neck. I cried for her. I cried for the loss of my child. I cried for my weakness. I cried for losing her.

"I promise we will find her." Harry whispered into my hair. He kissed me lovingly as I shuddered against his lips. I looked into his eyes. Not a hint of melancholy. He was confident. And somehow that gave me strength. Strength to wipe away my tears. Strength to pull out of his grasp and stand on my feet. I held strong onto my daughter's shirt and walked out the door.

"Niall" In a second, my friend was next to me, waiting for my call. "Her royal brand. Bring the tracker to me" Harry followed me out of the room. He was confused. He had absolutely no idea what I was talking about. I strutted into the study room, sitting at my seat. Harry sat in the seat next to me. Niall returned with a usb. I thanked him with a nod and plugged in the usb. Instantly, the computer beeped, and a signal was found. A small golden lion lit up the screen. My heart panged with each flash of her icon. Watching her travel further way from felt like slash to the chest. I smiled sadly and briskly walked into my connecting closet. The entire time I moved, Harry was talking but I paid him no mind.

"Anyone want to tell me what's going on here?" He questioned annoyingly. I was too distracted to listen to him. I suited up, dressing in my signature black top and leggings with gold studs in each piercing. I clicked in a headset, testing it quickly. Liam responded on the line instantly and I smiled.

"Aria" Harry yelled, trapping me against the dresser. His face was red, and his lips were parted angrily. Under different circumstances, I would find this incredibly hot and probably pounce on him, but we had no time for that. "I will ask you one more time" He pressed me into the dresser. His crotch was pushed against my own and I had to hold in a moan. God that felt good. Stop it Aria, I mentally slapped myself. Your child is missing and you're thinking about sex. At the thought of Blair, my mood dropped significantly. But it only pushed me to do more. I was even more determined to get her back now.

"What is going on"

I huffed and pushed past him to gather my weapons. As I slid the knives into my waistband, I answered him. "A few days after Blair got her royal brand" I checked my hand-guns for bullets.

"I instructed Niall to put a tracker into her brand." I finished toying with my machine gun. I glanced at him as I left the room. "I didn't tell you in case you were caught, and they asked you for her location." I looked him in the eyes. "I did it to protect both of you" Harry just stared at me blankly and shook his head. He walked back in the closet and came back with a similar gun in his hand. I nodded at him swiftly before grasping my phone, watching the signal on my phone ping.

As Harry and I descended the stairs, he spoke. "I'm not happy you did this behind my back and hid it from me for 9 fucking years. But right now, I don't care and I'm glad you did it and I also understand why you didn't tell me. But we will continue this conversation after she is safe." He angrily pressed me into the railings. The wood pierced my skin making me wince and Harry stepped back apologetically, rubbing my sides. I nodded at him and went downstairs.

"Boys." I entered the living room, addressing them all. They all flicked their eyes to meet mine seriously. I noticed that Liam and Louis had red eyes while Zayn had his lips pressed together seriously. They looked like they had gone through hell.

"Let's go". As I filled them in on the situation, the sun descended into a beautiful sunset. Red and yellow blended wonderfully in the afternoon sky. "Everyone ready" I watched as my team skilfully loaded their guns and readied their weapons. One by one, we descended into our cars, trailing after our baby girl.

"Turn right here" Blair's blinker continued to move faster. Her captors were very clearly accelerating the more they drove. But they had no idea that we could see them. Without the chip in her brand, she would be lost. And I was so fucking happy I made that choice. I had done all I could to protect my child. As we got closer and closer to her location, Harry gripped my hand in anticipation. We scanned our surroundings. We were closer to the forest now. Trees lined the roads we drove on and I honestly didn't expect less. This was the perfect place to take a child.

I just hoped we could rescue her before it was too late.