~5~

Song- Fall In Line by Cristina Aguilera ft. Demi Lovato

Harry's POV

The days following Blair's departure from the hospital went quickly. We were all just happy to have her home. We had a lot of damage control to do though. The entire kingdom witnessed what happened and I'm sure they were all traumatized and quite fearful for what was to come. I mean, attacking the royals means you're a pretty big deal doesn't it?

Especially when you manage to hurt the princess. My blood boiled at the thought and the forms I was in the middle of signing crumpled in my murderous hold.

"You okay, dad?" Blair's unsure voice filled the room and my grip softened as my eyes landed on my daughter. She climbed onto the little chair next to me and stared at the papers on my desk. I smiled and twisted her dark thick curls which she inherited from both Aria and I. She flipped through the tax files with a curious expression. She kept turning the page and then grunted when she didn't understand any of it. In the end, I didn't expect her to. She was smart but not in politics, that's for sure.

"I don't get it" She crossed her arms which reminded me of her mother. I smiled and kissed her cheek before explaining it to her. She nodded along with my words as I explained. I saw the wheels in her head turn as I went through every page with my intelligent daughter.

When I finished she nodded and then went through each page again, telling me which pages to sign and anything she thought didn't make sense. I laughed and cuddled her, tickling her ribs and listening to her giggles. Her hands tried to push my arms away as I tickled her stomach and brushed my curls against her cheek.

"Stop dad" She squealed and I laughed before letting her go. It was only then that I noticed my beautiful wife leant against the door frame, with a bright grin on her face as she watched both of us.

"Hey, Mum!" Blair screamed and rushed out of my arms and hugging her mother. Aria's eyes lit up as she hugged our precocious daughter.

"Did you help Dad with his paperwork?" Aria asked. Blair nodded vigorously and Aria winked at me. I grinned and knelt against the desk, watching them both.

Times like this reminded me of when I first met Aria. It was almost 14 years ago when I laid my eyes on the mafia princess, now wife and queen. She wore black all day, every day and if you dared to look at her, she sent icy glares that could freeze and melt you at the same time. She was intoxicating and feverish. Her words sparked fire and her actions started explosions. She was cold and ruthless but kind and sweet at the same time. I never understood how she worked but now I knew. Because there would always be a part of Queen Mariana inside of her. It held her back and now she used that part of her to flourish and build a kingdom. She was a true goddess.

A blimp on my screen caused me to exit my dreamy state and get into a more serious expression. My screen started to go crazy with alarms and red beeps. I frantically pressed the keyboard, trying to gain control but it froze on a zoomed in picture of a covered man. He looked as if he was walking through the gates with a machine gun latched to his arm. My eyes widened and Aria looked at me with confusion. She took powerful and serious strides to my side of the desk and stared at my computer screen, recognizing my worry. She looked out the window of the tall tower which we were situated in. A group of men wearing balaclavas fired at the garden workers and guards. Her eyes widened and she immediately pressed the lockdown button.

Catching onto what she was thinking, I alerted the boys and Jordyn on what was going on and then awaited their arrival.

Blair stuck by, wondering what was going on and I looked at my daughter with sympathy and fear.

"Blair, listen to me" Aria got down on eye-level with our daughter and gripped her shoulders with an expression on her face similar to my own. Fear, but assurance. In times, like this it helped that we were both in mafias and I would never not be in awe of how my wife persevered through times like this with a levelled state of mind.

"You're going to stay in this room with Daddy while Mummy, auntie Jordyn and your uncles go do something" She said sternly. Our daughter looked like she was about to object but Aria gave her a stern look before squeezing her shoulders and embracing Blair. Blair pressed her lips into a thin line, looking like the adult she wasn't and then firmly nodded, obeying our request. I quickly shoved her into the secret room that we installed years ago and then turned to watch my wife suit up with the rest of my mates.

Aria quickly glanced out of the window, seeing more men pour through the gates. She didn't react though and coldly raced to the other side of the room to load herself with knives and guns.

The boys and Jordyn momentarily stopped what they were doing and watched Aria hustle around the room with a stony expression. They then eyed me meaningfully, assuring me they were thinking the same thing. Aria was going back into survival mode. She was going back to being dominant, cold, closed-off and very fearful to others.

"Why are you standing around doing nothing!!" She yelled at the others while they quickly scrambled back to work. I stood there helpless while our daughter clutched my leg, being a stranger to my wife's cold side.

In seconds, they were all ready for action and I pulled Aria to me.

"What" She glared up at me and I understood why she was mad. I was distracting her from doing the job she thought she had to do. It was all about jobs to her then and now it was starting to become the same.
"Be safe" I whispered and her eyes softened a little before she looked down at Blair and kissed her cheek before pressing a kiss to my lips.

"Keep our daughter safe Harry" she whispered and I nodded, promising to do so with my heart and soul.

She rested her forehead against mine and then backed away, taking one last look before turning around and swiftly loading her machine gun and raising it with her right arm. She stormed out the room, with the rest following as Blair and I watched.

"Then let's go kill some bitches" she smirked.