~31~

Song: Dear Society by Madison Beer

Aria's POV

"Wake up my little Muppet. We're eager for you to join the party."

"Aria!"

"Shut up you stupid bitch."

"Touch my sister again and I'll fucking dismember your limbs and burn you."

"You're in no position to make threats, Little Haz"

"Wake up!"

The but of a gun struck the side of my head, causing me to stir. I shot up in pain. Fire lit my fiery veins and sparks raked down my spine. Blinding pain stung the pressure points in my neck and flitted through the pathways in my brain. I had never felt such intense pain before. My mouth let out a loud groan, causing everyone's attention and eyes to fall on me. I felt he stares burn into the side of my head but I didn't care. Whoever was staring could wait. I leant against the surface next to me and scrunched up my face in anguish. Whoever hit me, hit me good.

A sleek metal pressed against my forehead rapidly and I immediately recognised the weapon. My eyes vividly shot open to meet the bullet holes of a silver gun. My first reaction was to flinch back and distance myself from the deadly weapon. I felt the ground shake beneath me and I let out another grown. I snapped my eyes closed and rubbed my head against the nice surface. It was so comfy. Kind of like the pillows in my bed. Harry's bed. Our bed.

At the thought of my baby, my eyes flitted open anxiously and attempted to scan the room. As soon as I tried, the silver gun stopped me again and I snarled. Whoever the fuck was trying to kill me could fucking calm down. I'm trying to do something. My eyes followed the trail of the gun until my eyes met the ones of my attacker. A tall, buff man stared back at me. My eyes bore into his and I was sure the pupils in my eyes were turning darker and bigger by the second. Hesitancy and a dash of fear struck through his expression and I smirked evilly. I boldly nudged the gun away from me with a challenging smirk. The man's fingers shook but a quick glance at my sides caused him to visibly calm down.

I snarled, angry that he was no longer afraid, and I turned to look at what eased his fear. Confused, my eyes dashed to my sides and when I found the culprit I growled loudly.

Son of a bitch.

Rope laced tightly around my figure, holding me in place. And evidently pissing me the fuck off. Are they serious? How much of a fucking pussy can he be? Honestly. I rolled my eyes at the sight of the tight band around me. before lifting my head again and snarling at the armed man. He sunk back despite his advantage over me and I barely heard him whimper like a little bitch before Drew sighed, muttering something to the man. My attacker nodded his head fearfully and lowered the gun before walking away. He practically swallowed his entire lip and whined. I scoffed in disgust. He looked like he was about to cry. I shook my head at the embarrassment and humiliation Drew must feel. Imagine hiring someone to work for you and instead of fronting and doing their job, they cower back and be a fucking pansy. Cannot relate. My family is full of fearless bosses.

At the indication of Drew's presence, I turned my head focusing on him and his douche bag self. I only then noticed the diamond-encrusted Rolex strapped tightly to his pale wrist and sparkling graciously in the light. I rolled my eyes. What a fucking flex. He must think I don't have one. Bitch I rule a fucking kingdom. Come at me when you can say the same thing. I smirked to myself, but of course his stupid voice had to interrupt my cocky moment.

"Glad of you to join, my little Muppet." I cringed in distaste for this newfound nickname and I was about to speak against it when he cut me off. "We have all been waiting for you" His deep blue eyes flitted across the room confidently as he lifted his gun to gesture to the crowd. I turned my head briskly and that's when I saw it.

Each member of my family. Tied up like animals. Bruised and battered like savages. With guns to their heads and knifes to their throats like they were already not overpowered. My body tensed slightly at the enraging sight. On the outside I maintained a calm and unfazed demeanour but on the inside, anger and fear simultaneously rushed through my veins like adrenaline. The sudden urge to spill blood and crush someone's skull hit me like a ton of bricks. My vision turned red for a brief second and I bit my lip, spilling blood. My nails dug into the soft skin of my palm, no doubt leaving bruises and marks. I was livid. And only my family could tell.

A few metres away, Harry sent me a ghost of a smile. Even in this situation he was hellbent on comforting me and I loved him for it. I sent him a warm smile back, feeling my muscles relax and my vision return to normal. Our eyes locked and I froze at the intensity of them. A sense of security and love flooded through my system and I smiled at the feeling. I was no longer afraid. Before I could mouth the words 'I love you', a loud bang emitted from behind me. I barely turned my head to see who it was. I already knew.

"Enough. I don't want to see this lovey dovey bullshit." A bullet lay embedded in the wall beside Harry's head and I flinched, breaking out of our trance. I watched as Harry's jaw tightened in distaste and he barely moved to the side, angry at the movement. It was a threat. I rolled my eyes and turned to meet Drew's disgusting face. In another world, I'm sure the ladies and men would have found him attractive. He had a chiselled jawline, light stubble, eyes as deep as the ocean and soft silky blonde hair which was to die for. But all of that good stuff would never be enough to drown out the stained evil in his smirk and the darkness rooted in his almost non-existent heart.

I ended the silence with my smooth voice. "Let's cut to the chase Drew. What do you want?" I asked him with boredom blanketing my features. I was never fond of these situations. It was hard to keep still, and it was especially harder to keep my big mouth closed and save it from running wild. Being a hostage was not a fun experience and I preferred to get to the point. My first-time being taken captive was when I was 12 and even 13 years later, I still cannot stand it. The situation is just too predictable and cliché for my liking. Every bitch who captures me always wants something. Money, blood or royalty. And if this son of a bitch is the second man after my crown then I might as well just hand it to him on a silver platter because I am so fucking sick of putting my family at risk for this stupid throne. If everyone wants to rule Australia so badly then just take it.

"I want the –"

"Let me guess. You want the crown, or you want revenge for your brother who we killed in the Toomes Warehouse, 9 years ago" I cut Drew off smugly. His silence spoke volumes and I smirked, knowing I had gotten to him first. His eyes met mine in an intense staring battle. The air was tense as we anticipated his response. The anger pulsated off him in waves and I felt it. It was humorous to me. He really thought I was so stupid. I keep tabs on my enemies. I don't just let them run wild. Drew's stare never wavered and neither did mine. I eyed him like a prey, despite his significant advantage over. He had the men. He had the guns. And yet I had the power. My lips lifted to form a cocky smirk and Drew growled.

If I could not put a bullet through his skull then I would just have to resort to pure annoyance as my main weapon until we could get the fuck out of here. One way or another, this man will relent.

Drew let out a groan as his jaw ticked, but he kept his eyes on mine. I smirked in return and he grunted loudly. His face went emotionless until all of a sudden, a wide smile broke out and his cackles filled the air. It was now my turn to scrunch up my face and glare.

"You think I want revenge for my brother?" He questioned smugly. Confusion raked over my features. Ok, the crown then. "I mean the crown is tempting but I don't want that either"

Wait, what the fuck. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion and my eyes scanned the room. Everyone mirrored my expression. Why the fuck was he here then?

In a split second, the humourless laughter stopped.

As if a deadly mask was pulled off, Drew went completely stoic. His eyes went blank and held a sort of dull anger and anguish. I narrowed my eyes slightly, deciphering the look on his face. But as soon as I thought I had finally understood the situation, his expression was gone.

Again, motionless he broke the silence.

"I'm here for Jordyn"