~39~

Song: Lost The Game by Two Feet

Aria's POV

"Mama I want to wear this!"

"Blair" I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose. My daughter wanted to wear a dinosaur onesie to the extremely posh birthday party down-stairs and it was honestly working my last nerve.

"Blair. There is a time and a place honey. Now is not the time." I raised my voice slightly while my incessant daughter mocked me and pranced around in her onesie. The tail wagged around the room, occasionally whipping me across the ankles. Each time the tail would hit me, she would giggle and do it again. I pressed a hand to my forehead and inhaled a calming breath.

"Oh my fucking god" I grumbled to myself.

"Oh my fucking god" She repeated. Blair's giggles filled the room and she dramatically collapsed on the mattress. She was so adorable; I couldn't help but smile. I sighed contently and chuckled a little. I watched as she ran around the large pink room and sat down briefly on the Italian rug. The room was gorgeous and spacious enough for her and Theo. Theo was already dressed in his tiny tux which Gemma and I bought. I also went to the enormous effort of finding the perfect dress for my roguish daughter, but she clearly had no desire to wear the beautiful contraption.

Right when I was about to start crying because my daughter was being a nuisance, a sense of warmth shot down my spine and I was engulfed by strong arms. The smell of the most renowned Tom Ford fragrance swirled in the air and I breathed it in, instantly calming down.

"What's going on, Blair? Why is your mother almost in tears?" As Harry's voice floated through the air, our smiling daughter halted her laughter and gasped.

"Dad!!!" She screamed and ran towards us. My eyes widened as I noticed she was heading straight for my stomach. I froze like a deer in headlights but luckily Harry had thought ahead. He quickly stepped in front of me and picked Blair up as if she was a tiny puppy. He held her high in the air, tickling her stomach with his curls just like he did when she was a toddler.

Her girlish giggles created a wonderfully beautiful atmosphere and I revelled in it. It had been a few days since Niall passed and we were all doing our best to plaster on a fake smile for the children. This was the first moment I have seen Blair truly happy and it was amazing to see. I loved her smile and when Niall passed, it was as if the bright light in us all had reduced to a dim glow. He fuelled the happiness in our soul and his death brought nothing but darkness.

"Come on princess, change into that beautiful dress Mama bought you" Blair shook her head with her arms cross. It was times like this that I was truly reminded that she was just a child. A child. Not a soldier who should be throwing knives and killing enemies.

My smile dimmed a little at the thought. Was I ruining her childhood? I really was. Atleast she had moments like this, where she could truly act like a child. A very annoying child. I rolled my eyes as Blair continued to defy her father.

"Please. For me?" Harry pleaded. Blair stared her father in the eyes and then pressed a wide palm to her face. "Okay" She whined and stepped out of her father's arms.

"Wow so she listens to you but not me", I muttered and rolled my eyes. Haz turned around at the  sound of my voice and smirked. She briskly walked into her closet and strolled out a few moments later in a stunning black two-piece dress. I gasped in admiration.

 I gasped in admiration