~45~

A/N I was looking through my chapters and I realised this story has been a fucking rollercoaster ahahah. But, tbh I am happy to say that I'm quite pleased with where this story is going and we're almost at the end which makes me very fucking sad ahhhhh. Ok love you alll byeee and enjoy! THis chapter is a bit longer than the others! :))))

Song: Devil I Know by Allie X

Harry's POV

My hands gripped his white coat roughly as I pushed him against the wall. My fists went flush white as I gritted my teeth angrily.

"How is she alive!" I screamed aggressively in his face. The flushed doctor fumbled and adjusted his glasses with shaking hands. I felt a hand on my shoulder and decided to take a few steps back, but I still kept my hold.

"There seems to be a bit of an oversight" He whispered, looking around with panicked eyes. At his words, I grew angrier and Louis had to hold me back to stop me from pouncing on him.

"An oversight?" I mocked. "She was out for two months. Two whole months. My daughter grieved her mother for two whole months, and this entire time she has been alive!" My screams were so loud, I was convinced the rest of the patients in our palace's hospital were shaken awake. But I didn't care. Of course, I was over the moon to find our our- MY Aria was alive. That she wasn't dead. Heck, as soon as I saw her on those stairs like a goddess in the sunlight, I crumbled to my knees and collapsed in tears. I was fucking ecstatic and Blair was aswell. She sprinted up those stairs, almost tripping on her gorgeous black dress and crashed into her mother.

But Aria. She didn't remember. She freaked out. One moment, she was fine. You could see the delight, the warmth in her eyes to see her beloved daughter...and then she went cold. Terror flowed through her and she stepped back, no longer caressing her daughter's hair. She ran off. Sprinted across the garden and took off. It took ten of our men to track her down and finally sedate her.

"My wife is in there doctor! Right now, with my daughter beside her. A daughter she doesn't even fucking recognise, all because you proclaimed her dead. The coroner's office proclaimed her dead. You said she had no fucking pulse" I stalked towards him again and yelled in his face. My jaw was clenched and my fists were balled.

"I apologise your highness. We sincerely apologise, but your wife is doing fine." I calmed down at his words. I still grunted and looked away but I could feel myself growing more patient and quiet.

"She has Transit Global Amnesia. It's very short term, its brought on by great psychological stress. The trauma. She was shot three times in the stomach sir. No one should have survived that, but the doctors got to her just in time. She immediately went into a coma but her body was too weak. Her pulse was so faint, it must have evaded the systems." He trailed off, but I stopped listening. I passed a shaking hand through my hair and down my face. I thought she was dead. I thought my daughter had lost her mother and I had lost my other half. But she's alive and I need to see her.

I barged through the hospital doors with the incessant doctor and the boys trailing after me. "Sir-sir I advise you not go in there" I shook my head and stopped walking. I turned around and growled. "Why not!" I yelled frustratingly. "She's unstable" He said out of breath.

"She only sees flashes of memories. So far I can tell she remembers your daughter. Of course, she would, she gave birth to her and raised her so her maternal connection has broken through the amnesia. But we can't risk overwhelming her right now. If she sees you, all the memories may come crashing back and she could go into another coma. We need to pace her and keep her calm. First she needs to remember her old self and then you. Give her time sir, please"

The doctor desperately pleaded with me and for a second I wanted to tell him to fuck off and barge in there and kiss my wife but I knew I couldn't. That would be selfish. I must put her health first. I just got her back and I wasn't going to risk losing her again.