~2~

Song- Stay With Me by Sam Smith

Aria's POV

14 years later...

"Come on baby you can do this"

She threw the knife with perfect precision allowing it to hit the middle target.

She bounded up and down with excitement and I engulfed her with my arms. Blair's head rested in the crevice of my neck and I inhaled feeling proud of my little girl.

"Ok you have to do that again" I pushed, grasping her shoulders in encouragement. She sighed and dramatically pressed her head against my chest.

"Noooo" She whined. I laughed and hugged her close to me, whispering words of persuasion.

"Come on baby. Just one more go" I pleaded, still not unwrapping my arms from the tight and comforting hold I had on my daughter.

I heard her tiny whisper although I knew she desperately tried to hide it.

"Mum, why do I have to do this? Why do I have to train like this?"

The smile dropped from my expression and I sighed. I gently pulled her face from the depths of my neck and rest my hands on her cheeks.

"There are a lot of bad people in this world, Blair." It felt like poison coming from my mouth as I told my child of the evil in this world. I caressed her jaw gently as I explained.

"One day, they will come after us and I need to know that you will be safe" I whispered. Her eyes filled with tears, fully understanding what I was trying to say. For a young teenager, she was quite intelligent and down-to-earth. Of course, Harry and I tried to keep her ahead of others her age but sometimes this sassy little girl spoke like a true adult.

She nodded wordlessly, and left my arms. I furrowed my eyebrows, thinking I had upset her but my little girl drifted to the corner, picked up a knife and with a swift move she threw it. The knife glided through the air, hitting the bullseye. She didn't stop emptying her collection of small daggers into the target and then peered at me with a lost puppy look on her face.

She was seeking my approval but I just crawled to her, letting her relax in my loving arms.

"Everything ok in here?" I heard his voice ask.

Blair shrieked as her father tickled her mercilessly. Their laughs joined in harmony and I stood up with my hands on my hips. I watched the both of them with awe and silently stepped up to join them.

Harry's arm snaked around my waist, pulling me closer to his hard chest. I pressed a kiss to his jaw and wrapped my arms around him as we watched our little girl ramble on and on about her combat skills.

My eyes fluttered closed as I relished in the feeling of having my own loving family with me. I reopened my eyes and continued to watch the two people I loved to no conclusion, until responsibility came knocking on my door.

"My queen, Lady Aaliyah has sent for your highness and Princess Blair to start getting ready for this evening's address".

I kindly dismissed the guard and then peered up at my tall husband. He pecked me on the lips before reluctantly letting Blair go.

"Duty calls" He sighed and I let out a laugh.

"I guess so" I pecked his lips again and then felt a little tug on my arm. A small hand was placed in mine as our daughter led me out of the room.

----

"Mum, you look so pretty" Blair said, clutching her little red dress.

I looked down at my attire with a smile. I was wearing a simple red dress that hugged me like a blanket. Its spaghetti straps were covered with a white jean jacket that had black stripes. My feet were covered in white pumps and my hair was straightened and left out with minimal makeup on my face.