~4~

Song- Desperado by Rihanna

Aria's POV

An eye for an eye

-TCC

They read the note aloud with confused expressions.

"Who?" The gang simultaneously asked.

I sighed and collapsed into Harry's arms as we sat on the bed. They observed us with perplexed views and questions in their eyes.

"Do you remember the day we killed Nigel" I started. Muttering his name sent a surge of anger through me but I set it aside, saving it for later when I drive a stake through the men who hurt my daughter.

They all nodded, waiting for me to continue. I mean, how could they forget?

"Nigel was in the middle of a deal with a gang and when you guys dropped through the fucking ceiling and shot a bunch of people, the people you killed were none other than the members of the Callous Cartel" I ended.

They all muttered 'Ohhhh's as the revelation finally caught up to them. It took only a few minutes for the knowledge to seep into their brains and an angry frown to set on their faces. Well except on Nialls. He held a sympathetic and guilty look and I immediately knew why. "You guys did an unforgettable and indescribable deed that day. Not only did you save me but you saved our daughter. If you guys didn't kill the men torturing us then we wouldn't be here." I made sure they took notice and understood what I was saying. The room went silent and I took it as an invitation to continue talking.

"Nonetheless, Harry and I knew this would happen." I breathed and was about to talk again but I was cut off by Harry's voice.

"A few years ago, when Blair was just 4 months old. A body was brought to us by the royal guards. It was of a young woman. The body was found at the borders of our kingdom." Harry sighed.

"Her body was..." I could tell he couldn't find the words to describe her terrible death so I continued for him.

"She was burnt and hardly any part of her actual skin showed. Only a small patch of flesh was left. On that small bit of skin, the letters TCC were carved into her skin. It was...horrible and inhumane" My stomach churned at the thought of that poor woman. May her soul rest in peace.

"After that, we worked day after day, night after night to find what those letters meant and finally we found The Callous Cartel. We dug deeper and finally realized that we massacred a large amount of their men, including their boss, Dean Marshal" Harry's words spit from his mouth like venom and the blood in my veins boiled.

"They are now run by Drew Marshal, Dean's younger brother and from what I've heard they are working their way to defeating the world's strongest mafias." I added.

"Now that the Black Cobras and the Red Tigers are gone, the Savages don't leave much competition but I trust my allies will do anything to make sure TCC don't get to the top" I said with strength in my voice. I trusted my past friends. Although, I haven't talked to them since after I had Blair, I made sure to keep frequent tabs on them over the years.

We all sat in silence, pondering over this new information and thinking over today's events. This was all planned. Harry and I have waited almost ten years for this and now that it's here, we were prepared but still in dread of the war brewing. This is why we had to train Blair as she grew. They were the reason I had to snatch the innocence from my only child. We had to prepare her for the event that something like this did happen. We had to make sure she could thrive on her own if anything happened to us and that thought made my heart hurt. I would never leave my baby girl and I would never stop trying to protect her. We all wouldn't.

"Anyway, I want all of you to go home after Blair is discharged. We created this mess and it's our problem. You guys don't need to get involved any further" I said sternly and they all nodded hesitantly and I could see conflict behind their eyes. I knew where the reluctance came from but I just hoped they did what I commanded. It was better for them and this was our own choices coming back to bite us in the ass. But, my prayers were not answered as Lou stepped up to rebuttal against my order.

"It's not just your problem. It's ours too. We are a family Aria, we share shit and fight together. If some son of a bitch decides to mess with us we deal with them as a family. Those fuckers won't know what hit them". The others nodded firmly to this statement and I smiled resting back against Harry's chest. I felt pride swirl in my chest as I stared at the family Harry and I brought together. We were all unstoppable on our own. The toughest mafia fighters in the world, and together we were the fiercest family.

"Your Highness, Your majesty" The doctor called from the door, interrupting our thoughtful silence. I nodded my head, awaiting good news.

"Your daughter, Princess Blair is awake and has requested for your presence" He said respectfully and I bowed my head before grabbing Harry's hand and stumbling out the door in haste.

As I entered her private room, tears rushed down my face as my eyes landed on our perfect and strong daughter.

"Mama, Dad" She squealed. I ran to her side and peppered her face with kisses. She giggled as Harry stood on the opposite side and joined in. Her laugh was like music to my ears.

"I told you she'd be ok" Harry said, staring deeply into our daughter's eyes. She smiled at this and I scoffed.

"Of course she would be, she's our strong angel" I teased. Her eyes lit up and she leaped out of her bed, wrapping her petite arms around my neck. I squeezed her lightly, making sure to not hurt her and pressed my eyes shut as the last of my tears strolled down my cheek.

My baby girl was safe.

Harry engulfed us in his massive arms and we sniffled, feeling the emotion of the moment.

"Mummy" Her little voice piped up.

I unwrapped my arms from around her and kissed her hand.

"Yes baby" I asked.

"What's going to happen now" She asked, frowning. My eyes flickered to Harry and he was about to open his mouth but I beat him to it.

"We're going to go home and make your favourite beef lasagne together" I said, grinning. She curled her hand into a fist and cheered.

Harry and I chuckled but over the sound of our happiness, his burning gaze told me, we weren't done talking.