~25~

Song: HUMBLE by Kendrick Lamar

Blair's POV

"Where are we going, Aunty Jordyn"

I sat in the backseat of a large black car. I wasn't familiar with the driver and his friend. As soon as I entered the car, I questioned her about them, but she just said they were old friends. I trusted her so I left it alone. My attention returned to her as she answered my question.

"We're just going on a trip to the forest." She chuckled. Her tone surprised me. I couldn't tell if she was being sarcastic. I ignored my thoughts and just shrugged my shoulders, turning to peer outside. Lines and lines of trees marked my view. The scenery was beautiful. More and more greenery clouded my view until a cluster of black interrupted me. I intently focused on the group of men near the corner of the forest. I wonder why they were here. They peered at our car as we drove by and I almost missed the snarl on one man's face. Odd, I thought to myself. I turned back to Aunty Jordyn, with confusion laced in my tone.

"Where's Mama?" I asked. Aunty Jordyn was loading her gun, an action I was familiar with. She halted her seemingly hilarious conversation with the men in front of us and turned to me. The look she gave me send icy chills down my spine. Her eyebrows were tilted in anger and red lines appeared on her forehead. Did I do something to make her mad? Never in my life had I seen her look at me with such hate. Sadness filled me. I wanted to apologise. To stop her from looking at me in that way. I shifted uncomfortably as she glared at me for a few heavy moments. Silence filled the air as she continued to glare at me. I cowered back slightly. She looked mean.

"Are you okay? Auntie Jordyn" I asked softly. I wanted to prevent aggravating her more. I spoke with such innocence and apology blended in my voice that I thought I saw her soften her look a little bit. But that could have been apart of my imagination because she continued to be mean to me. She rolled her eyes at me and ignored me. I noticed the clench in her jaw and her bawled fist. She looked at me angrily again, looking as if she had to supress the urge to glue my mouth shut. My eyes drooped sadly. I just wanted to make her feel better.

I sat solemnly in my seat, noticing the vast change in Aunty Jordyn. Just a few moments ago, she was softly pulling me out the living room with excitement covering her features. She told me that we had to go quickly. She told me that we were going on a surprise trip and we had to leave before Mama and Dad noticed. I profusely questioned her on where we were going but she remained silent, brushing me off when she could. The moment we entered the car though, her whole demeanour changed. She went silent and her eyes turned spiteful. The kindness in them was long gone and was now replaced with hate. Hate for something unknown to me.

"Your Mum is on her way Blair. Stop asking me questions" She waved me off rudely with her gun and I sunk lower into my seat. She had never gestured to me with her gun before. I don't even think I've ever seen her hold a gun like that. Like there was a threat near by and she had to be cautious and aware at all moments. Slowly, she placed the gun next to her as if the threat was gone. She looked at me and cackled while placing the gun down. Was I the threat? Did she just eliminate me as one? Was that why she laughed like a witch? Dozens of questions floated through y raging mind. Nothing made sense. Why was my aunty acting like this? I decided to shut off my mind for a second.

My eyes drifted to the mirror in front of me. Beady, black eyes stared back at me. I held his gaze for a few moments before turning my head. He freaked me out.

"You want something little girl?" He darkly chuckled at me. I furrowed my eyebrows at his mocking tone. I looked to see if Aunty Jordyn would defend me but all she did was lean forward and laugh with the other men. Something was deeply wrong here. Fury lit my veins. He was making fun of me and I didn't like it. It reminded me of when kids in school would pick on me for having lots of money and stuff. None of it was my fault, but still I got angry. Returning to the current moment, I crossed arms over my chest and pouted.