~46~

Song: Play with Fire by Sam Tinnesz & Yacht Money

Harry's POV

"You have to let me see her" I tried to push past the doctor, but I felt two hands on either of my arms, holding me in place.

"No Sir, I am afraid you cannot" The doctor was frantic. His eyes held immense worry and fear. "She is unstable and she may become viol-" As he said those words, a loud blood-curdling scream echoed through the halls. I grit my teeth as my eyes widened. In their small moment of weakness, I broke out of Louis and Liam's grip and pushed through the white doors.

There, I saw my Aria.

My eyes immediately locked onto her small hands wrapped around the nurse's throat and the blade touching her skin. I raised my hands, looking into my beloved's eyes. Her eyes were dark. They felt unknown and distant and murderous. The intensity in her eyes knocked the breath out of me.

"Aria, this isn't you." I began, slowly creeping towards her. I was about a metre away from her when she did something I didn't expect. She smiled. But it wasn't a sweet smile, it was the grin of a bloodthirsty monster. Her pearly whites flashed as she dragged the knife across the nurse's throat, drawing a little blood. Her gaze fixated on the droplets of red which spilled before it focused onto mine. She was challenging me. She was taunting me, and she was enjoying it.

"Just put the knife down" I softly spoke. I was less than a metre now. She tensed as I took another step but she didn't dare freeze. Her father taught her to never freeze. For her, it warranted a fine beating if she did. She was terrified of him and I knew it. I had always heard stories of how he treated her. She adored and loved him but there was something else there. Whilst they kept a good front, it didn't hide the fact that the maids heard her tortured screams everyday followed by gunshots and the terrible odour of a dead body. He made her kill and kill until there was nothing but a black hole in her soul.

Now standing before her, I could see the racing thoughts. The fear. The unchallenging might. She was a monster. He had created a monster. This was the Aria that warranted almost 400 assassinations in two years. She wasn't the wife and mother I loved. This was the dangerous creature who came beforehand. In her eyes, she was a young teenager who had just learnt how harsh the world could be. It was kill or be killed for her and she would not dare be the latter.

I kept creeping forward but each step I took, the knife slowly dragged further along the nurse's neck. The poor woman was frozen. She was staring me in the eyes, afraid that any second she could be a cold corpse on the floor.

"Aria" I called out. She flinched. The coldness in her eyes dimmed for a second. I saw it. She was trying. She was trying to remember who I am. "Come on, Aria" She blinked again and just like that all the emotion was gone again. She looked at me with those cold, lifeless orbs and I could almost see the guilt. I could almost see the hesitancy. But she didn't, she didn't hesitate. She didn't freeze. In one motion, she sliced the woman's chest and let her drop to the floor.

Tears poured out of my eyes as I caught the woman. She let out a loud yelp before her skin paled significantly and her sounds were reduced to a small whimper. I collapsed to the floor, caressing her face. I yelled for a paramedic but nobody came. They were too afraid.

"You will survive." I touched her forward, my tears dropping onto her grey skin. In the corner of my eye, I could see the shadow on my left move. I looked up through my blurred vision to see her look at me with those eyes again. They showed little regret and little care for the woman she had just hurt. I saw her shoulders shrug before she strutted past me and out the door.

Rage filled my veins. As soon as I saw another nurse enter the room, I passed the woman to them before pulling out my gun and barging through the door. I could hear more screams from down the hallway. The doctor was hiding under the chair, shaking and shivering in fright. I rolled my eyes and kept walking down the halls. People ran past me, urging me to turn back around but I didn't budge. She was my wife. If anyone was going to save her, it would be me.