019

chapter nineteen
━━━━━━━━━━━━━

iii. long ring island arc

Shoto made a boat using barrels and wooden planks. While the little boat was not sturdy enough to guarantee safety, he was not looking forward in losing a crewmember to the we
irdo Pirates.

"Row faster, Shoto!"

As the other players already went ahead in the other half of their map. Shoto was stuck in the starting line as he looked dumbfounded at the oar that sat beside him. What was he supposed to do?

"Oh right, you can't use your arms."

The insult. . . Nonetheless, Shoto did learn a thing or two from Sanji's leg lessons. And he sure as hell knows how to move forward.

While the excessive use of the Devil fruit is considered cheating in the game, though it can't be called cheating if no one knows about it. Plus, the Foxy pirates has been cheating since the start of the game. It was only fair.

What harm can it bring?

He placed his right leg on the water, shivering by the touch of the cold. Nonetheless, he froze his leg long enough for it to reach the bottom of the sea. And knowing the height was enough, he started pushing himself from the water.

And with each push, he was going faster than any person believed a normal guy paddling could do.

"That's right! Get at it, Shoto!" Usopp yelled from his place though he was too far away. Nonetheless, he cheered for his helpless crewmate. Why did he have to solo of all people?

Before they knew it, Shoto was catching up to Porche's team, constantly freezing his leg again and again before it could melt by the water. He was wincing by now, knowing it's only been 2 weeks since he overused all his mana to create lightning.

And now, he was taking his risks of spending another week mana-less.

He needs at least a long rest to recover his mana fully, and here he was straining himself again. It would take him 3 weeks again to fully heal, and even if it costs that much, it was better than losing a nakama.

He just aims to stretch his durability now. He'll have to think about ways to preserve mana and increase it.

"Someone's catching up!" Foxy's men reminded Porche who clicked her tongue at the sight of the dual wilder. The hair was unique, she'll give him that. And she does like people who have a sense in fashion.

"Great paddling." She commented. "But that's not enough for you to win."

Suddenly, sharks came in view and assisted the enemy boat. And during it all, Porche purposely rowed in Shoto's boat surface and pushed him with an oar.

The thin ice created by Shoto snapped in two, now melting seeing as the boy no longer provided his power.

The heterochromatic fell into the cold waters, plunging deep as he felt his bandages absorbing liquid. How was he supposed to swim? His body was nothing without his arms, especially in swimming.

Feeling himself slowly lose his air, he created a block of ice out of panic, now standing over the big platform that allowed him to intake another breath of air.