051

chapter fifty one
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
x. 3d2y arc

Shoto's time on the island was what you would call quality. Not only was he given the chance to catch up on some things with Zoro, but he also got to know Perona and Mihawk more-- the two people who he didn't really know that much before.

Another benefit of having been given enough time and freedom to do anything in the meantime as he passes time;

Shoto learned cooking.

Although Perona had insisted that he shouldn't cook because he was this so-called prince, he still did. Perona tried assisting him on that but she wasn't that any better either, at the end, they had to get Mihawk's help to make cold soba.

For the past few days, it was eventful, not the problematic type of hectic but it was like a normal week for Shoto. At least, more normal compared to the things he's gone through in the other islands.

They went shopping, did planting, cleaning, etc. The heterochromatic then realized that Mihawk appeared to be the perfect househusband, not only can he protect you from harm-- but he can also do things that most men don't even bother to learn.

It made Shoto wonder if the man had a wife, or a husband, or a child-- or if he was just really independent now because he had always been lonely since childhood and had to live for himself.

Nonetheless, the heterochromatic was impressed.

But sadly, Shoto also had to do things of his own. Given example was his need to improve and find the best place to grow just until the crew reunites again.

And so, after a week with Mihawk and his island-- Shoto had to say his farewells, just standing by the shore as Zoro prepared a boat for him, he was a little grumpy for the situation but he didn't hesitate to help.

"Are you really leaving? You can stay with Zoro here and just go together when your Captain makes a signal."

While the mosshead would of loved the idea of spending more time with his heterochromatic crewmate, Zoro was not that dense and selfish to ignore the fact that this environment just wasn't enough to make Shoto grow.

What he needs was an environment similar to his abilities, such as fire and ice. Hopefully, Shoto can find someone who is worthy of teaching him.

"Unfortunately, I can't." The heterochromatic told, watching as Perona frowned.

"That's enough." Mihawk sent her a look, knowing just how it was getting more and more wasteful of time with Perona holding him back. Admittedly, he enjoyed Shoto's presence, it was a nice change from Perona and Zoro's chaos. But he couldn't get attached.

"Well, I'm off. If I find Bakugo on my way to wherever I am, then I'll be lucky."

Right, the fish.

Shoto then started sailing, waving goodbye to them as he mutters a 'thank you', too embarrassed to shout it. But the three understood it nonetheless. It was until Shoto was a whole 10 meters away that he realized he lacked a compass.

Zoro saw it immediately and snatched the log pose from Perona's hand, rushing to swim after the boat.

Mihawk could only watch in amusement.

Such dedication the green haired swordsman had for the boy.

Within a blink of an eye, Shoto was already laid across his boat, enjoying the weather as he recognized the air as humid and cold, the odd combination. He realized that the water was leading him faster than usual.