057

chapter fifty seven
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
xi. return to sabaody arc

"Shoto, this way!"

The heterochromatic followed after them, allowing his feet to drag him towards the direction they were heading.

They've gotten so much stronger, undoubtedly. But Shoto knew that he himself has improved quite drastically, he's confident that this time-- he will be much more useful.

"What are you zoning out for? Let's go!" Zoro patted his back encouragingly, noticing the slight shift in Shoto's eyes. He must be thinking again. Must be nice to have a brain.

Everyone jumped onto the ship, seeing Nami and the rest waiting for them with a very enthusiastic look. Everyone changed so much in appearance. . .

Shoto was the last to jump up, and he didn't mean to show off by taking multiple flips on air before landing on the railings crouched as his hair tie fell off, releasing his hair.

And it might have been too extra. But in all seriousness, Shoto didn't mean it.

"Oh, wow."

"Shoto!" Nami pushed the others to the side as she engulfed the boy into a hug. "You've gotten so much taller and built."

"Nami-san." Shoto greeted in his usual not-so-loud voice that was in contrast with the others' booming voices.

"Your voice has gotten a little deeper too! My goodness, just what kind of place did you land in to."

But his voice was already monotonous and a little deep in the first place.

To have changed Shoto this much in the growth aspect, Nami wonders just what kind of place did the heterochromatic have to endure.

"Well, there's a lot to say. . ." Shoto trailed off. Usopp quickly pulled Nami out of the way before he replaced her place.

"Shoto! Your hair! It suits you--!" Usopp grinned before purposely flexing his muscles, acting oblivious just until Shoto would notice his improvement.

"Usopp." Shoto greeted happily.

After minutes of flexing, Usopp didn't get a noticeable change at all. At least for Shoto since he didn't really check him out.

"Shoto!" Usopp grabbed his attention once more. "Did you notice anything at all?"

"Hmm? Not really. . ."

"Try to see it." Usopp practically begged.

Shoto scanned him with his eyes before his eyes visibly lit up. "Oh, your hair has gotten more thick. That's nice." He genuinely complimented.

"Not that!"

Now that he mentioned it, the long nose really did look different. Usopp appears to have changed a little in appearance.

"Your new outfit?"

"No."

"The new weapon? That's cool." Shoto once again sincerely told.

"Thank you! But not at all!" Usopp sighed in exasperation.

"Your nose is longer than usual." Shoto snapped his fingers as if he just figured out what Usopp was trying to show off.

By now, the long nose already collapsed.

Sanji chuckled as he threw away the cancer stick before joining them.

"Shoto, I think he meant he got buffer."

Usopp immediately stood up. "That's it!"

"Oh." Shoto realized as he viewed the long nose. He was right, he did grow buffer and neater, in fact, he looks way more solid now‐- which was a good thing. "You did, that's great." He complimented.

"Took you long enough!"

"Oh, my! Shoto-san, how you've grown!" Brook wiped the nonexistent tears at the corner of his eyes. They didn't have plenty of interactions but Shoto has always been fascinated with Brook.

"Brook-san, you've gotten a good sense of style." Shoto praised.

"Yohohoho." Brook laughed, hiding how flattered he was.

"You've all gotten super buff." Franky said in his usual prolonged tone. Everyone turned to the man, surprised to see the new upgraded body. He was even taller than before and lot more bigger.

As usual, Luffy and the others got excited with the cyborg body, claiming that they would be happy to see his new upgrades. And it went on like that.

They were as close as before. If not, even closer. It was as if they never took 2 years apart from each other. And it made Shoto glad.

Feeling a presence join him by the bench, he turned to see Robin. She's gotten even more mature, and she looked so different from before.

Like Nami, she seemed to have worked out frequently.

"Robin-san," Shoto greeted. "How are you?"

"Good." She chuckled. "You've grown taller." She said, noting it like everyone else did. He grew a few inches, it wasn't a big deal but it was really noticeable because this way, he doesn't look like a young teenager like he used to.

"You're still taller."

Robin was indeed a tall woman. Even taller than Zoro and Sanji. It made Shoto wonder just what kind of genes did she inherit.

"We're on a journey to fishman island!"

Shoto glanced at the source of noise.

"After 2 years of waiting, we can finally move forward." And the heterochromatic couldn't agree more. "Guys, thank you for waiting."

Everyone could feel a smile climb up their lips.

"Let's set sail!"

It was all thanks to Kuma and the others to have helped them. They really do owe them a lot.

"I see a ship from a distance!"

It was the Kuja pirates, and at the very top of the head figure was the pirate empress, the woman deemed to be the most beautiful in the world-- Boa Hancock.

It seems like she was here to bid them farewell. More like Luffy.

As usual, she swooned over the rubber captain. And Sanji was left having a heavy nosebleed by the floorboards of the ship, having Chopper tend to him in panic from the blood loss.

"I need lady!"

Shoto could only shake his head from amusement. Typical Sanji. Now what kind of land did he land into to have made his condition worse. Could it be an island filled with only men?

"Stupid cook." Zoro chastised. "Not the most honorable way to die."

"Right."

The heterochromatic only glanced between Usopp and Zoro. At least they were getting along.

"Let's set sail!" Luffy enthusiastically announced as soon as he released himself from Hancock's constant pestering. Shoto nodded in agreement, excited to be under the water.

He would love to see sea kings in their natural habitat too. It would be so interesting.

He can't wait for fishman island.