007

chapter seven
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
ii. sky island arc

Shoto stood in the docks of Mock Town, the wooden platform surprisingly sturdy for such an old school island. He looked around the place, liking how organized and peaceful it was.

"This place is pretty decent." Nami fawned, looking at the resort at one particular area with mild interest.

"It's half-decent." Shoto replied, looking for the source of the horrible stench. A smell of a corpse? Poison? Something dead? He wasn't so sure. "Anyway, we're just here to find more info about Sky island— right, luffy-san?"

"That's right!" The rubbery Captain exclaimed in excitement.

"I wonder if they have sake here."

"We're here to collect more information, Zoro." Shoto grabbed the back of the Marimo's collar, preventing him from moving any further to the town.

"Yeah, yeah." Zoro waved off with a hand.

The heterochromatic male was to wary. Well, for a good cause and reason. The Town was too good to be true. Resort? Peace? Place for Pirates? Yeah, no.

"Me, Luffy, and Zoro will check the place out first and see the Resort." Nami stated.

"I'll see in more info about the map." Robin also said.

Shoto paused, "Can I come, Nami-san?" The tangerine haired woman softened at how soft Shoto's voice was. It reminded her of a child, and the way those eyes peered at her with genuine curiosity, it made it too difficult for her to refuse.

"Sure!" Luffy replied for her, reaching an outstretched arm around his shoulder as he brought the teenager closer. Shoto squinted his eye as soon as he flew closer to the group, landing shakily on his feet so dangerously close to falling off the water.

"Oi, Luffy." Zoro scolded, sending him a look. Their Captain was honestly too clumsy for other people to handle, and Shoto nearly falling off the docks was the trigger for it. "You have to be more careful with the kid, he's light unlike the others so it's easier for him to fly off."

"Ah, sorry." Luffy grinned.

The group went on, entering Mock Town with firm expressions as people flew from wall to wall due to pirate wrestlers. The town was a disaster, very far from what they anticipated.

Suddenly, a guy fell from his horse, his figure very lanky and sickly. Shoto's eyes widened in surprise as the man's body landed on his feet.

"Are you okay, old man?" Luffy asked curiously.

"Pick an apple."

Shoto's eyes snapped towards the man's raised arms, his hands holding two different apples that looks entirely the same. Then the smell came. It made the heterochromatic of the crew pinch his nose as he tried not to vomit. A corpse indeed.

"Wait, Luffy—" Shoto went to say since the whole thing was pretty sketchy but the said Captain had already picked one and took a bite out of it.

Luffy was fine, finishing the whole apple even.

"Most people would have dropped dead." The stinking guy told before creepily grinning.

"That's not very assuring."

"You must be a very lucky person to have chosen the non-poisonous apple." Before the guy can continue any further, his horse had fallen down and he got on it, riding his way out in a very disturbing manner.

Shoto squinted his eyes. How to unsee?

"Ah, that was a good apple." Luffy barfed loudly, snickering before rubbing his stomach. "Let's check the resort now shall we, Nami?" The rubbery captain to their tangerine haired navigator.

"Yes." But before they could take another step, she pulled them back. "But promise me that you won't get into any fights."

"That's pretty stup—" the marimo went to say but was cut off.

"Sure." Luffy blinked before exclaiming,  making Nami release her hold on them as she turned towards Shoto, sending him an eye that made him understand right away. The same applies for him.

But to be honest, she couldn't see the teenager getting into fights without anything reasonable involve. In fact, she has never really seen him fight. Shoto was the rational one among the males despite being on the younger side.

As they arrived on the top, they were approached by a person, the guy showing them just how nice their resort is.

"We'll take it—!" Nami exclaimed right away after being hit with awe.

"Ah, I'm sorry but someone already made reservations." The guy replied nervously, remembering just what kind of crew reserved the place.

"We'll pay." Nami insisted.

"I'm sorry but—"

"Does someone have a problem with my crew in reservation list?" A deep and arrogant voice erupted from behind them, as they all turned, they saw a rather tall and muscular guy with blonde hair, wrapping himself with numerous chicks.

One of the guy's buffoon laughed.

"Ah, so you're the guy who has the 30 million bounty?" Bellamy, a guy with a higher bounty, asked. Looking at Luffy from head to toe only to be dissatisfied with how weak the boy looked. "You don't look like much but we don't judge by appearance, eh?"

Then his eyes landed on the people accompanying him.

"You got a cute chick there." He licked his lips. "How 'bout join our crew instead?" He grinned suggestively, making Nami turn her head in disgust.

"Nami's in my crew." Luffy told.

Then Bellamy's eyes landed on the young male. "You even have a kid in your crew, but he looks pretty smart, we could also use some brains—"

Don't judge by appearance, my ass. Shoto would honestly die rather than joining such a foul guy's crew. Plus, he wasn't a kid.

"I said, they're in my crew." Luffy's eyes hardened dangerously.

Bellamy was taken aback by the look before grinning upon remembering just how much stronger he was. "How 'bout you join my crew instead? Your own little crew can come along too. Sure, you're weak and you kinda suck— but that can be fixed."

"We don't want to join your crew." Zoro answered for all of them. And he was sharing the same thoughts as Shoto.

Bellamy's eyes narrowed as he threateningly leaned to their level.

"Just ignore these losers, let's just have fun in the clubhouse." One of the girls said, tightly hugging the male's arm as the blonde straightened, smirking now.

"Fine. I'll spare these idiots just once."

Then they left.

Shoto sighed. Why does he have a feeling that they'll be seeing more of them? Oh god, hopefully not.