003

chapter three
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
i. alabasta arc

The giant crab emerged from the sand and soon gave them a ride, everything was going well until Luffy apparently spotted Crocodile and his right hand person— recklessly jumping down from the crab and promising to catch up soon after defeating the Shichibukai.

What amazed Shoto was the fact that the whole crew believed in the rubber man, not an ounce of doubt and hesitation as they counted on their Captain. That was the kind of trust that Shoto Todoroki never got to receive before, no one really trusted him to begin with, (maybe that changed when he arrived in UA).

When he watched as the crew communicated with mere glances, Shoto felt incredibly out of place, he couldn't possibly achieve that type of understanding.

"The top members are waiting already, the war between the Royal and Rebel army will begin any moment now."

Vivi was worried sick, her usual fairly pale skin was now drastically paling nearly in the same color as Shoto's right hair. Sweat was forming from her temples and forehead but it didn't exactly take a genius to know that it wasn't a result from the heat.

"I got a plan." Nami grinned as she sent a knowing look towards the heterochromatic. Shoto felt uncomfortable as if the whole situation was shifting towards him, which was exactly the case.

"This is your brilliant plan?" Shoto asked coldly with obvious hints of annoyance, the whole crew stifled a snicker as they stared at the younger male who was the main topic. Nami grinned as she nodded.

"Why? Do you have a better one?"

Shoto could only grumble in response, not finding the strength to argue seeing as what was done was done.

Shoto's hair had an extension of ice which was blue, not exactly the same color as Vivi's but close enough. His ice was formed to appear like long blue hair— and while the crew were close to burst out in laughter, he didn't look the littlest amuse. Not at all.

"Yep! They'll definitely fall for this—!" Kudos to the Sharpshooter who was the one who carved the ice, Usopp smiled proudly at his creation while slightly muffling a snicker. It was amusing to watch the usually impassive boy looking like the Princess of Alabasta.

"You're lucky we didn't add make-up!" Nami exclaimed as she clasped her hands together.

"You look. . . Manly." Zoro grinned as he didn't even bother to hide his boisterous laugh. Shoto was utterly irritated as a tick mark appeared on his forehead for merely being laughed at.

He has done several disguises in the past but this was the worst one, seriously, who would fall for ice hair? Only idiots will.

"Alright, Let's go!" Sanji announced.

They started off, riding on the oversized ducks that was said to be the fastest transportation in Alabasta. They all were cloaked in white but Shoto had to have a part of his ice hair shown just to trick the enemies.

"They won't fall for it." Shoto went to tell them but was cut shortly when his duck was tripped by one of the men, successfully making him rise in the air before swiftly landing on his feet. That was when the Top members noticed him barefooted, but not a single damage was there.