067

chapter sixty-seven
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
xiii. punk hazard arc 

After stealing their warm clothes and having Brook join them, they moved to the next island, the cold now being a little more bearable.

Shoto loved the cold, if it was not obvious enough. First, because he just loved cold things in general. And second, because it reminded him of precious memories— such as his mom, sister, and Aokiji.

That was why he wasn't bothered that he was walking barefoot on snow, holding no fear on getting a frostbite since he was confident of his quirk and abilities.

"Shoto, you should at least wear your flip flops." Robin looked in concern.

"It's nothing to worry about, Robin-san. I appreciate the concern though." Shoto politely replied back.

"Then, should I get you a coat instead?" Zoro piped in.

"No, I really am alright."

"You sure?"

"So, this is like Shoto's home, huh?" Luffy said to himself, taking a good look around as he kicked snow on his feet childishly.

"Uh, no. I don't live in a snowy weather like this, Luffy-san." Shoto deadpanned. He has no idea where Luffy was getting all these assumptions from.

Luffy naturally ignored his correction.

"Do you have penguins around too, Shoto?" The rubbery monkey turned to him. Exasperated, the heterochromatic shook his head.

"Not at all."

As they fast approached where to source of noise was, they reached a building of some sort before spotting a familiar man with a spotted hat.

"Law!" Shoto was honestly surprised to see him in such island. It was unexpected.

The said man was trying to keep his cool after seeing the troublesome crew he met 2 years ago. And is that Shoto? He sure has grown a little taller with longer hair. Other than that, he looks the exact same, except his features matured a bit.

"Eh?! Torao?!" Luffy greeted in shock before he eventually grinned genuinely. He expressed his gratitude for the help he received 2 years ago, in which Law turned away from as he pulls his hat closer to his face.

"I merely acted on a whim that time." Was his reply. "There's no need to express your gratitude."

"Where's the talking bear?" Luffy looked around, aimlessly trying to look for Bepo who belonged in Law's crew.

Shoto took a look around as well before eventually coming into conclusion that Bepo was nowhere in sight.

"Do remember that we are still pirates." Law started, the captain of the most troublesome crew is simply far too easygoing.

"Right. As long as you're going after the one piece, we're enemies." Luffy nodded in agreement, he was being competitive again but he was right.

Luffy then notices the horde of bodies of the marines, noticing them unconscious. And he deduced that Law was the one responsible for it. He was sure. He then saw the body of smoker who had a hole on his chest, heart missing. This must be Law's doing as well.

Tashigi, as soon as her body became attached again, attempted to attack the heart pirates' beloved Captain. And Shoto acted on impulse to defend him but it seems like Law was steps ahead since he already noticed this before Tashigi herself. In result, he casually switched her and Smoker's minds.