038

chapter thirty seven
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
vi. thriller bark arc

It was a realistic horror ride, no doubt, and since Shoto wasn't the most experienced with rides since he was never really given the chance to visit amusement parks-- he completely didn't know what to do.

"Run!" They all ran towards the door as the paintings and pictures started moving, and since the mansion was big and tricky as everything moves itself, they all ended up splitting into groups.

At one point, Shoto was with Zoro, and the next, he was alone. It was to be expected already but the harder that Shoto thinks, the more frustrated he becomes. He should have bought that leash after all. . .

But that leaves him in a room with cemented pillars that were designed like the old century. It was all around the place, and he doesn't know how long he has been walking around.

It's been an hour, maybe? Even so, he couldn't find a way out. And forcing a way out may do more harm than good, who knows? Maybe the balance and structure of the place will collapse and he might bring his crew down with him.

He was in peace, he thought he escaped all the trouble, though that was until he heard an odd laugh that went by 'horo-horo', it honestly caught Shoto off guard. He doesn't recognize anyone with the same laugh.

"You look like a prince!" Suddenly, a woman-- with pink hair-- hovered in front of him, her hands were intertwined as she brought it close to her cheek while mesmerizing Shoto's features. "Are you a prince?" She asked eagerly.

By her sudden appearance and question, Shoto instinctively jumped away to take back his personal space. His analytic eyes studied her body language if she wanted to harm him or something, but to his relief, she didn't have such intentions yet.

"Umm, no‐- I'm not." Shoto shook his head, a little too bashful. He was just not used to people complimenting him, back in his world, he was only taken note for his scar. But here, he was complimented the most thanks to his soft features.

"Are you sure?" She questioned once more.

"Yes. . ."

"Are you really sure?" She inched closer, her wide round eyes staring at him as a pout slowly formed by her lips.

By now, Shoto was a little tad irritated with how much she repeated the question. He wasn't a prince, was it that hard to understand?

"I'm not a prince." He stated flatly.

Downing his words, Perona backed away before landing her feet on the ground, walking towards the side of the wall before taking miniature table that seems more befitting for a tea party.

"That's a bummer." She told before patting the empty space right across her. "Take a seat."

Shoto was hesitant, though his senses told him to run away, he thought that by going along her vibe may be the best way to escape with peace. His feet started dragging him towards the table, soon finding himself seated right across her.

He had his legs crossed while he formally placed his hands on his lap, taking occasional looks around to make sure he wasn't being lured into a trap.

"What's your name?" She asked, taking a little tea pot from beside her as she pulled out the soaked bags of tea before placing it away.

"Shoto Todoroki." He made sure to emphasize his last name to avoid misunderstandings.

Shoto watched her face slowly form into a small grimace.