042

chapter forty two
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
viii. sabaody archipelago arc

The ride was quick, mainly because the fish was quite. . . Unique. Shoto has never seen a fish swim this fast before. Nonetheless, the familiar wave of relief washed over him as soon as he felt his feet land on the ground.

He turned back to the sea to thank the fish, Bakugo, but it was already long gone. He frowned a little, it always ended up like this.

He took his mind off of that and started striding cautious steps towards the soapy grass, he only felt it because he was wearing his flip flops that exposed a few parts of his feet-- but he couldn't complain, he could only feel grateful for having reached this place.

Shoto was not the brightest but he was smart enough with the equal balance of academics and common sense, that was how he managed to make his way to a civilization without a map despite the tricky parts of the place.

As he reached a pretty busy town, he could see riders with their bikes. . . Flying on air? It caught Shoto's attention since he didn't think they would be this advance already, it made him think that today's development isn't that impressive.

And wait, is that a mermaid? His eyes widened, watching as it casually flew past while shady people kept her captive. It confused Shoto but it was wiser to not rush things, meaning that even if his hero senses were tingling-- he shouldn't move recklessly.

He casted one last glance before he pinched the bridge of his nose, hissing slightly to himself after seeing the mermaid's distressed look.

Damn it, he would only feel guilty if he continued to be selfish. He may be a pirate now but his hero tendencies were something that couldn't fade so easily.

He picked up a rock and coated it with his ice before precisely throwing it towards the bike's engine. Usopp's tips in accurate shooting were paying off.

The motorcycle suddenly fell, and Shoto had to save the day again by catching it with his bare hands that was supported by an ice pillar. If it had hit the ground, it would have exploded from the heat and height. Cooling it down with his ice was the best idea to avoid any sort of damages.

But it seems like he caught the auctioneers' attention as they angrily stomped towards him with intentions to catch him with sea stones, thinking he was a devil fruit user by his stunts. They were clueless, hence why they never registered how Shoto could be a threat.

"Room."

Suddenly, they all were surrounded by a blue orb that made them all look around in wonder.

"Shambles."

Within a second, Shoto was immediately transported towards an unknown man's side, making him incredibly confused on how such ability existed. But Kuma existed.

He watched as the auctioneers switched body parts. At least it wasn't brutal though, it simply looked like lego pieces being attached to the wrong parts.

A few of them escaped unharmed and left with the fretting mermaid, and at this point, Shoto felt utterly useless after seeing the fear in her eyes. His objectives were to free her but here he was, standing idly by the sidelines when it was he who started this.

Soon enough, the blue orb disappeared.

"I suggest you don't create trouble that you can't handle." The voice was chilling and had a mysterious tone to it, but Shoto was still not happy with what he said.

"I had it covered."

"Yes, because you totally saw a sword about to stab your back and the sea stones that were about to cuff you down." The other male held a sarcastic voice and it was starting to sink in to Shoto.