006

chapter six
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
ii. sky island arc

It was a normal day for the Straw Hats on the sea, well, as normal as a Pirate's life could be. Shoto Todoroki was growing more accustomed with the on-sea lifestyle despite still finding himself occasionally lose his footing now and then.

Currently, he was sitting by the stairs, watching as everyone did their own thing— Which included; running around, yelling, playing a game of tag, and falling overboard. And yes, falling overboard seems to be one of Luffy's favorite hobbies.

"The sea. . ." Nami trailed off, catching Shoto's attention as he half-shifted his attention towards her. "How odd." And he didn't understand a thing about what she said, clearly since he wasn't an expert when it came to navigating and predicting weathers. Nami's eyes were glued on her compass that was oddly pointing upwards.

"What is?" Usopp turned as well, looking at where Nami's eyes were on. But as he stopped, Luffy pushed him with the palm of his hand— successfully making him 'it' on their little game of tag.

"Shishishi."

"Oi! I was on time out!"

"You never said!" Luffy exclaimed, sticking out his tongue childishly before running off once more, but this time having Usopp trailing behind him.

Then, a large shadow casted over the blue sea, and an odd loud sound from above could be heard. Everyone stopped on whatever they were doing as they shifted their attention towards the source. Suddenly, a large wooden ship started falling from the sky, looking pretty old and irreparable.

It fell down the sea with a big splash of water, the few drops landing on their ship which was not very far away from it. Usopp paled at the impact, as did Nami.

"If we had moved a little further, that ship would have fallen down on us."

Shoto couldn't believe their incredible luck sometimes, it was almost as if things were meant to go their way.

"Was that a ship?" Chopper spoke up, now out of the infirmary where he was working on some medicines. He got out just in time to see the large ship crash, and he was in disbelief. Nami nodded in reply to the Reindeer.

"A ship falling from the sky?" Sanji clicked his tongue, placing a cigarette in between his parted lips. "It's like the heavens casted a judgement."

"It's an old ship, it might have some valuable stuff in it." Shoto voiced out, this caught Nami's full attention as she immediately lit up like a lightbulb.

"That's right! There might be some gold—!" Nami grinned like a cheshire cat, delighted by the simple idea as everyone looked at her while shaking their heads. Now, Shoto was regretting he even said that, he was implying about the old stuffs that could help their journey, not about gold.

After a long time of preparation, there stood the monster trio dressed in barrels that Usopp invented. It could allow them to go further down the sea and explore the ship while not drowning. It was a good idea, if it wasn't for the fact that the three looked utterly ridiculous in it.

"Why are you not going with them, again?" Nami narrowed her eyes, aware of Usopp's cowardice.

"Well, I handle the things from above. And I think they're more than enough to do the work." Usopp explained, indicating how Luffy, Zoro, and Sanji were the few strongest members on the ship.