039

chapter thirty nine
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
vi. thriller bark arc

Shoto, most definitely, did not look forward to disrupting an important meeting that doesn't concern him. But he can't help it, not when he saw his Captain unconscious by a lab table while his shadow is slowly getting extracted.

"Hold it right there." He spoke up, glaring at everyone in the room with an intense stare. The room suddenly went cold, was it because of the weight on his stare? Or was it because his right side is slowly forming ice?

Either way was reasonable.

"Who are you?" Hogback, the missing doctor for years, questioned him. He was the epitome of the doctor that created frankenstein.

Shoto was a huge fan. When he was younger, he was always fascinated with doctors and the way how they see a different world in their own perspective. But this doctor was a little different, he was a surgeon-- even better. And he even made a zombie army.

But this was not a meet and greet scenario.

"Shoto Todoroki is the name of the person who will stop you." The heterochromatic stated confidently.

"You're the damn Macaroni-boy that everyone's been talking about!" Moria suddenly roared, eyes squinting down as he glared at the boy who only looked utterly pissed out at the sound of his own pirate title.

Hopefully, it will change in the future.

"Todoroki." Shoto corrected, slowly losing his cool as the two clashed gazes. Moria held a disdainful look and Shoto held a calm but narrowed one.

"So, you're here to save your Captain? It's too late for that, I already took his shadow, there's nothing you can do." Moria had a triumphant look as he crossed his small arms against his chest.

"He'll get it back if I beat you, right?" The boy questioned as he started cracking his knuckles.

"Don't be ridiculous, you think you can beat me, Macaroni?"

The heterochromatic wasted no more time as he froze the ground and smacked his leg against Moria's face, watching in odd satisfaction as the warlord abruptly had his face squished before he was flung towards the wall.

"Moria-sama!" Hogback was alerted. He didn't think the boy had it in him.

"It's Todoroki, get it right." Shoto told the warlord coldly, hating how people has been constantly making amusement off his name. Was it that hard to pronounce?

"Should we extract his shadow too?" Hogback asked, slowly reaching for his tweezers.

"We should," Moria picked himself up, absolutely pissed off. "And then we leave him to burn in the sun."

"Sounds like a plan," Shoto chimed in as he came into a defensive stance. "Why don't you go first?"

Franky and Robin has been running for hours straight. Seeing as they were separated with the rest of the crew, the two, made it their mission to find at least one of them.

"Franky, do you think you can navigate our way out of here?" She questioned as they realized they were surrounded by zombies.

"Leave it to me!" Franky exclaimed as he shot out his hand as it knocked a path for them. Swiftly taking the crew's achaelogist by the hand, he dragged her out of the mess.

Now off to find Shoto and the others.

Shoto was getting at it, never had he thought that fighting someone could be this thrilling. Normally, he would only feel exhausted and obligated to fight, but lately, he's been feeling the adrenaline pump in his veins.