044

chapter forty four
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
viii. sabaody archipelago arc

Running was not Shoto's favorite part, but in spite of that, he's been doing it a lot lately.

He was not informed that in order to escape and flee towards their groove, they had to dodge flying bullets while literal light chases them. And what's faster than light? Shoto didn't know. Science was not his major subject.

"Zoro, you're slowing down." The heterochromatic pointed out in evident concern, he could see that the man was still not healed from injuries he must have gotten from Thriller Bark. And Shoto doesn't know what could of caused such massive damage to the usually tough swordsman.

The green haired man only grunted.

Within a second, an Admiral had Zoro pinned on the ground by foot, stepping on him as if he was just another pebble on the road. The whole crew halted and held different worries for their crewmate.

"Zoro!"

Luffy was in a midst of internal chaos. This was something he can't actually solve with just his fists. And somehow, Shoto understood him as well.

The Admiral had the light fruit, he was fast, explosive, and dealt a great amount of damage. Although he talks slow and moves awfully like a sloth, his prowess was undeniable.

But before Kizaru could use his light to pierce through Zoro, Rayleigh appeared faster and effortlessly kicked the Admiral's light upwards, smirking slightly as he watched it explode above.

"Now go, Luffy." Rayleigh stated.

Usopp quickly went to pick up Zoro and they continued fleeing towards the groove. Luffy felt helpless and he didn't like it one a bit, but this was just an example of a reality check for him. He was meeting more and more people who are far more stronger than him.

But before they could even get far, Kuma had appeared right before their eyes.

It proved to be quite difficult for the Strawhats.

Luffy immediately attacked, not wasting any more time. Shoto watched as their Captain became more and more frustrated since even a single attack of his was not landing.

Before anything else, Kuma raised his hand, showing his paw shaped palms before making Zoro disappear in thin air, making everyone look in horror at the scenery. Shoto felt a series of emotions flow through him as he only stood in shock as everyone started disappearing before him one by one.

"Shoto!" Luffy was close to reaching him, not wanting to lose yet another nakama. But it was proved futile as Kuma raised his hand again and Shoto felt the familiar rush of air.

He was slapped again.

This time, Kuma didn't send him to any pirate ship. Shoto felt sore to his bone as he sat up, but that quickly disappeared as soon as he saw the familiar annoying face.

"Enel."

The said man was on a throne, seated with visible irk marks as he stared in annoyance. He was still not in great terms with any of the Strawhats, not when he was handed his defeat by their Captain.

"You again, the half-haired boy." Enel glared.

"Are we on sky island?"

Shoto expressed no desire to fight the devil fruit user, and Enel honestly felt too stressed to fight as well.

"Sky island?" Enel huffed incredulously. "Didn't they tell you anything when you left? I was sent to the moon." He emphasized. "But I guess I don't hold any grudges since I admittedly like it here."