037

chapter thirty seven
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
vi. thriller bark arc

"Woah, what an interesting island."

They stopped by a few feet away from land, or so it seems, when in reality-- it was a ship, a big one. But they didn't know that, after all, the adventure was in front of them and not beneath.

"It looks like an actual horror ride." Shoto voiced out, looking at the halloween themed island.

Although they didn't know what he meant, they chose not to question it.

"Let's go! I can't wait!" Luffy exclaimed cheerily, happy to go into yet another adventure. Usopp and Nami were frozen in their feet though. That definitely didn't look like an ordinary island. . .

"We can't dock since we're kinda stuck." Franky caressed his own chin in thinking before he suddenly became excited and pulled some kind of lever that released something off the storage at the bottom of their ship. "This is the perfect time for you to meet my latest invention!"

A mini boat of merry suddenly floated as everyone gazed at it, impressed.

"Merry!"

"Mini-merry." Franky corrected.

"It's built like the vehicle I had on sky island. . ." Nami told, confused. Franky chuckled at her reaction.

"That's because it is."

Shoto looked at the series of numbers that was around the Thousand Sunny. . . So it wasn't just for design, he guesses. But if the mini-merry is just from one number, then that must mean there are other more inventions in the other slots.

"What's in number 2?" Zoro asked, having the same thoughts as the heterochromatic.

Franky snapped his fingers, visibly lighting up before he shook his head. "A secret, it's still in the process of being built, but you'll know once we'll need it."

"I'm off!" Luffy actions on jumping towards the mini ship before Sanji pulls him back, stopping him.

Nami, Usopp, and Chopper stepped up. The land wasn't as spooky as they originally thought, and the fact that they'll be the first people to ride mini-merry washed all of their fears away.

"Leave it to the responsible ones, Luffy." Usopp said, tilting his head up high in pride. Most of them could feel themselves internally sweatdrop.

As they raced off, Shoto watched as everyone slumped back, just relaxing and waiting for the three to come back with information.

But it took hours. And no signs. Honestly, they were getting worried, who knows where those three idiots were.

"That's it."

Luffy perked up upon hearing his crewmate's words, will they be finally exploring the land? He can't wait—!

"Let's go after them, who knows what happened to Nami-swan." Sanji was serious, but it was clear that he was only driven by his own concern for the tangerine haired woman.

"And Usopp." Luffy added.

"And Chopper." Robin also added.

Shoto and Zoro had nothing to add, both just watching by the sidelines, waiting for some interesting news.

Suddenly. The ship tilted slightly, startling them. Zoro then stood up, reaching a hand towards his swords that was attached to the side of his hip. Shoto remained calm, alerted eyes traveling all around.